Type r wing

Joven Rey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Has anyone removed the Si wing on a sedan and replaced it with a Type r wing? If so, how difficult was it and can you post pictures so I can see how it looks?
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
you'll look like a typical honda ricer. just don't.
A little judgy aren't we. You can listen to the guy above or you can do what you want considering it's your car. I don't believe the type r wing will fit considering the angle it connects on the hatch would be different then the flat surface of the sedan trunk. There are type r style spoilers for sedans around

yyzcbphatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini CS
Vehicle Showcase
well....nothing about being a ricer, but rather a poser? I used to own a 330, but I wouldn't but an ///M badge on it even have have a few M performance parts. Hey my opinion is judgy, but I am just saying what I feel, you don't have to listen. Its is your car after all, and you can mod it to make it unique and stand outs on the street. Your car reflects who you are and your personality.
If you have a hatch, the type R wing might work, but for a sedan, I am not sure either.

Tom

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Putting a “like” OEM part on a car does not make it a typical Honda ricer but hey you are entitled to your own opinion.
there is someone with a WOP sedan that has the type R wing. I will try to find his name His car is an EX-T.

I don't know if a parts manual would show how the wing is installed. I think the SI is drilled by the middle part of the trunk. so that might be an issue.

Edit: the guy that I was saying is johnnytavani his garage: http://www.civicx.com/garage/2016-civic-ex-l-wop.328/

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
there is someone with a WOP sedan that has the type R wing. I will try to find his name His car is an EX-T.

I don't know if a parts manual would show how the wing is installed. I think the SI is drilled by the middle part of the trunk. so that might be an issue.

Edit: the guy that I was saying is johnnytavani his garage: http://www.civicx.com/garage/2016-civic-ex-l-wop.328/
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r wing img_5079-

I think its pretty cohesive on the car. I personally prefer a wingless set up though.

556ALPHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
img_5079-jpg.jpg

I think its pretty cohesive on the car. I personally prefer a wingless set up though.
Wow. Quite a few strong opinions here. I may be in the minority but I feel it looks nice on the sedan, Type R or not. But whats up with that hood gap by the windshield?

OP
OP

Joven Rey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si
Wow. Quite a few steong opinions here. I may be in the minority but I feel it looks nicer on the sedan than the HB, Type R or not. But whats up with that hood gap by the windshield?
I agree with you on the statement. He has hood spacers in his hood.

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you have an SI and you put a big wing like the Type R and gives some benefit.... I think is ok. I have an EX, no tune or such... so... lol... yeah, I wouldn't put a big wing. I have the OEM spoiler. I like it. I also like it wingless lol. I have the aero kit and the spoiler. I see a ton of WOP civics but none with the stuff I have. I think if the OP should do whatever to his car. We can give our opinion as long as we are not offensive. Some people are just rude. just saying!

Note: Also about the guy that has the Type R wing. I think it looks ok. Works with the whole setup. I agree with the hood spacers.... I don't like them. It looks a bit odd.

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Clean:

Rice:

The difference is in the execution and attention to detail

Don't half ass it, and you'll be fine
100% agree with this. The white one actually looks really good. It’s just so clean and nicely modded. Color matching makes a huge difference
Sponsored