Type R wing vs WRX STI wing

civic_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
So, I been looking for the Type R wing but when I finally find it, it's so expensive! However the WRX STI wing is much easier to find and cheaper But can a WRX STI wing fit on my 2016 civic Sedan???
Sponsored

OP
OP
civic_21

civic_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Yes, there's a carbon fiber wing (Type R) but for like 470 then plus like 70 shipping. Plus I don't need carbon finber if I'm gonna paint it red. However there is a Type R wing for 172 just primed and not carbon fiber, however I do not know if the company is any good,they got back some bad rating. I just want to make sure it's a good quality product but for 172 I'm afraid is to good to be true :(

JayWnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that's the wing I saw but is it to good to be true?
For that price, it's worth it a shot and returning if it doesn't work out. Assuming that the hole positioning would be the same. I also think that the Subaru wing would work because CivicX has a bigger trunk.

OP
OP
civic_21

civic_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
For that price, it's worth it a shot and returning if it doesn't work out. Assuming that the hole positioning would be the same. I also think that the Subaru wing would work because CivicX has a bigger trunk.
What would you personally do? I just like to see what you pick.

grevic16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe
Considering your gonna be putting holes in your car, get a good quality wing you like to begin with. Even if it costs a little more, it's gonna be on there permanently anyway. Yeah, you might be able to return a cheaper wing, but you can't undo drilling the holes for it. Unless you buy a new trunk lid, then you defeated the purpose of trying to save money.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not a fan of Spoilers but I am loving the Type R wing.

I think it suits the aggressiveness of the Hatchback especially the Sport Touring.

OP
OP
civic_21

civic_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Considering your gonna be putting holes in your car, get a good quality wing you like to begin with. Even if it costs a little more, it's gonna be on there permanently anyway. Yeah, you might be able to return a cheaper wing, but you can't undo drilling the holes for it. Unless you buy a new trunk lid, then you defeated the purpose of trying to save money.
Very true, I honestly might try the WRX wing. Would you try?

OP
OP
civic_21

civic_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
Not a fan of Spoilers but I am loving the Type R wing.

I think it suits the aggressiveness of the Hatchback especially the Sport Touring.
I really like them too!