MrJustin81

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I know this can be/has been done. See this thread I came across. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/aegean-blue-si-on-type-r-wheels.23526/

It does list what adapters and parts the guy used. Super noob here lol, but I went to Usadapters.com but I felt like I was reading a different language. Can someone help me out on exactly which adapter I need to purchase to make this happen.
Thank you!!!
Sponsored

jXian

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Your bolt pattern is 5x114.3, the TypeR is 5x120. You'll need to purchase adapters that go from 5x114.3 to 5x120.

Center bore is the same, but you'll want "Hubcentric" adapters that are 64.1mm. I wouldn't buy adapters that aren't hubcentric.

Hubcentric means there's a ring that sticks out from the center of the adapter, similar to the ring that sticks out from your wheel hub on your car that your wheel centers on.

I had a quick look at that site, didn't see hubcentric adapters. I'd look elsewhere.

I think these adapters are exactly what you want.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
aluminum spacers warp easily so make sure you check them often.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just don’t do it. It’ll ride like shite unless you go with thicker sidewall which will rub and ride high like a monster truck. Save up for some decent Enkeis designed for your car without using adapters.

Well, unless you get the CTR rims for free and use them for spare. Good luck.
Sponsored

Last edited: