jsigs78

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si 19 Type R
Country flag
I live in Ohio and the weather is all over the place. Considering taking off the factory 20s and swapping to 18s with a nice all season tires. Any recommendations or ideas?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I live in Ohio and the weather is all over the place. Considering taking off the factory 20s and swapping to 18s with a nice all season tires. Any recommendations or ideas?
If you want all seasons, the main ones that are recommended here are the PS AS3+ (or PS AS4 if you can find them) and the DWS06.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
I just ordered my winter set, 18" as well, but going with full snows, Pirelli Sotozero 3 in this case because, well, they weren't super expensive and my experience has been that most brand name winter tires are pretty decent. The Michelin x-Ice are usually very good, but kind of pricey. No experience at all with all-seasons, but in winter tires the Blizzaks and Hakkapalitas are good too.

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
I just put on some 18" Motegi MR142 wheels, and a set of Vredstein Protracs. They are a high speed (180mph) All Season rated tire that is rated for light snow conditions. Ordered from TireRack. Came with hub rings, and fit great. (rings that insure the wheels fit properly).

OP
OP
jsigs78

jsigs78

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si 19 Type R
Country flag
I just put on some 18" Motegi MR142 wheels, and a set of Vredstein Protracs. They are a high speed (180mph) All Season rated tire that is rated for light snow conditions. Ordered from TireRack. Came with hub rings, and fit great. (rings that insure the wheels fit properly).
I had actually just looked at those tires right before you said this to me so I will picked them up for sure now.

GAS2HI

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R & 2006 S2000
Country flag
I have the 18” 245 X 18 x 8.5 Michelin Pilot Sports AS4’s with Flow one F3 wheels .decent on wet roads, but probably so so on snowy roads.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Wheel Swap 1601856845266

GTWaggin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Gray Type R
Country flag
Who's excited for SNOW?!! We just bought a new VW Sportwagen for the kids to share. It's AWD, but I'll still throw on some dedicated Snow/Ice tires, like a Blizzak, or similar. I didn't want that kind of tire on the Civic though. Hope the Vredesteins work well enough.

OP
OP
jsigs78

jsigs78

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Si 19 Type R
Country flag
Who's excited for SNOW?!! We just bought a new VW Sportwagen for the kids to share. It's AWD, but I'll still throw on some dedicated Snow/Ice tires, like a Blizzak, or similar. I didn't want that kind of tire on the Civic though. Hope the Vredesteins work well enough.
I am getting the rims and tires put on this week and will probably find out soon enough how the tires do in the ugly white stuff

wtam1100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
Which part of Ohio do u live in? I'm originally from Cle and I know first hand that winters in Cle is a lot different than say Columbus or Cincy. If u are close to Cle or a area that gets a lot of snow I wouldn't run All season. They are masters of none and just ok at everything. U won't be happy in the summers and you won't be happy in the winters but it is easy in terms of hassle. If you are getting another set of wheels which I would defy recommend. Swapping wheels is only like 30-45 min job twice a yr. Good lucky regardless what your decision is. Winter is coming.
Sponsored