Gimmezell

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Without any markup on the Type R the MRSP is $34,990 whereas the Si is $24,990.

OP
OP
y2kprofesor

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Yea + the mark up amd u talking about 40k easy. All haters stop and dont comment. The point here is how capable the little 1.5t is. I know you can buy this and that but that is not the point. So if we want to go that way why not a mustang 5.0 instead of type r.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i don't think anyone here on this forums is questioning the capability of the 1.5T.
There's already tuners here that's already shown what its capable of.

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't get it. Where is he getting +177hp gains? I don't see anything on his mod list that seems to justify the increase. Can someone explain?

Stock_07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
I think its cool that the guy did this but now the car is unreliable unlike the type r.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think its cool that the guy did this but now the car is unreliable unlike the type r.
Unless you know something I don't about this particular build by @OsosikMedia, that is yet to be proven.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Slower in straight line racing. The added mods brought it up to 30,900
The power-specific modifications do not take it anywhere near 30K. The flex fuel kit for ethanol is $600, the KTuner + custom e-tune combo is $800, and a new clutch with labor is around $1200 (conservative estimate). That's a total of around a $2600 increase on top of an estimated $24,300 MSRP for the SI, for a total of $26,900. A CAI does not generate much more power than stock on this platform, and can largely be omitted from this build model. I don't recall if he did a DP/FP combo, but even if he did, this only raises the cost of the build another ~$1,000 to around $27,900 - a far cry from the 30K+ value you are quoting. I intentionally omitted the cost of his slicks, as the Type R technically does not come with racing slicks either.

By contrast, the MSRP of the Type R is $34,775 - a price that is currently exceedingly difficult to achieve right now. Further, it has already been proven that a stock Type R will lose to a bolt on SI from a dig, due to the enormous low end torque of a tuned SI.

Last edited:

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
There is no proof that the car becomes unreliable. The motor just hasn't been out long enough for people to judge reliability of the car.

I also find it stupid to compare a cheaper car modified to a higher priced unmodified car. Most of the time, a cheaper car modified is faster than an unmodified car.

OP
OP
y2kprofesor

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
The power specific mods are far less pricey. Flex fuel kit is $600

The power-specific modifications do not take it anywhere near 30K. The flex fuel kit for ethanol is $600, the KTuner + custom e-tune combo is $800, and a new clutch with labor is around $1200 (conservative estimate). That's a total of around a $2600 increase on top of an estimated $24,300 MSRP for the SI, for a total of $26,900. A CAI does not generate much more power than stock on this platform, and can largely be omitted from this build model. I don't recall if he did a DP/FP combo, but even if he did, this only raises the cost of the build another ~$1,000 to around $27,900 - a far cry from the 30K+ value you are quoting. I intentionally omitted the cost of his slicks, as the Type R technically does not come with racing slicks either.

By contrast, the MSRP of the Type R is $34,775 - a price that is currently exceedingly difficult to achieve right now. Further, it has already been proven that a stock Type R will lose to a bolt on SI from a dig, due to the enormous low end torque of a tuned SI.
Love it

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Let's be fair. Long term reliability will be impacted. I think the rods under midrange torque will be the biggest concern, followed by the turbo. On the MS3, the K04 was good up to around 300-320 WHP. The stock rods up to 350-380 WTQ. All highly dependent on driving habits and environment.

We should assume that the Si's TD03 is running HOT under load. Which means you're looking at a new FMIC and hardware. New motor mounts to combat wheel hop. Wider UHP tires for the circuit. Better fade-resistant front pads, rotors and fluid. Maybe an oil cooler. All of these things add up.

I mention all of this not to undermine OsosikMedia's build (which is damn impressive). But rather, to recognize that the CTR is still a lot of car at MSRP.

EDIT: Here's his build thread for those who were wanting more specs:
http://www.civicx.com/threads/ososik-300-hp-updated-software-updated-power.17262/
Sponsored

Last edited: