Type r transmission problem, DOCUMENTED.

san44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update on not being able to get to first gear. After 6 weeks in shop finally got my CTR back. Good news is that it never shifted better. Bad new a $5700 repair not covered by warranty because car has been "raced". 1st and 2nd gear sets were damaged and lots of metal in filter and bottom of Transmission. Has anyone had any success in the courts on warranty issues? Also I had received a email on someone starting a listing of owners with transmission problems. Did not respond at the time because I did not have my VIN. but would like to put in my 2 cents
How did they conclude it was “raced”?
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Update on not being able to get to first gear. After 6 weeks in shop finally got my CTR back. Good news is that it never shifted better. Bad new a $5700 repair not covered by warranty because car has been "raced". 1st and 2nd gear sets were damaged and lots of metal in filter and bottom of Transmission. Has anyone had any success in the courts on warranty issues? Also I had received a email on someone starting a listing of owners with transmission problems. Did not respond at the time because I did not have my VIN. but would like to put in my 2 cents
What kind of speculative bullshit is that? How did they prove that in any way?

ERnie

First Name
Ernest Roales
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette, TrailBlazer SS, MG Midget, Impala
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like an idiot after spending an hour taking off stickers and such I left part of the harness in

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Like an idiot after spending an hour taking off stickers and such I left part of the harness in
Yeah but again so what you could be some ricer poser for all they know and unless they could prove you were damaging it I'm calling BS.

- Was your clutch worn out / replaced? If not that's indication you drove the car normally and the failure was simply due to normal use

If you've been hooning it hard then lol maybe this is on you.

ERnie

First Name
Ernest Roales
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do autocross the car. Clutch was like new and not replaced but the throw out bearing showed wear so it was replaced. I am now leaving it in the hands of the lawyers

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
This is crazy talk. I'm now hearing dealerships voiding warranty with just driving the car to work!

okkk ... kidding ... but from no warranty on transmission b/c of an exhaust ... to no warranty b/c you actually have fun in a car called a "Type R" that includes a Honda racing app to monitor your lap times ...

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
Unless there is a lack of knowledge on how to drive a manual, there is no way auto-x would do this kind of damage to a transmission without having a prior problem created during the manufacturing process. Shame on Honda. When people were breaking their transmissions in their ND1 Miatas, Mazda was fully covering the repair. No matter if the car was raced or not. Now that’s standing behind your product and honor their mission of the car.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unless there is a lack of knowledge on how to drive a manual, there is no way auto-x would do this kind of damage to a transmission without having a prior problem created during the manufacturing process. Shame on Honda. When people were breaking their transmissions in their ND1 Miatas, Mazda was fully covering the repair. No matter if the car was raced or not. Now that’s standing behind your product and honor their mission of the car.
And as the other guy stated - the current models have a lap timer built into it? Is that to go to get some cabbage at the local grocer?

Even the ones before have G sensors and stuff. Because I'm sure you need to test that on the way to get some food going the exact speed limit everywhere, never running the car, and safely cornering at recommended speeds. <Heaviest of heavy eyerolls>

Shame he needs a lawyer for common sense - good luck bud tell us how it works out.

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The car was literally built at the track ground up. If they are denying your warranty based on the fact it was raced tell them they can buy the car back because you BOUGHT it as a track car.

ERnie

First Name
Ernest Roales
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that really Pis@#$s me off is that the dealership was secretive about why they had to call the "District Service Manager" When he denied the warranty the would not even tell me his name, would not give contact info and would not even do a conference call with him. I was told to call Honda America 800 customer service number. What a joke. They offered no help whatsoever. Said the District Service Managers word was final and that there is no appeal. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that they were not available. Asked that one call me back and never received a call back. Honda does not seem to know the definition of Customer Service. It looks like the dealership would want an $8000 dollar warranty job. This is my second bad experience with Honda Service. I doubt that I will ever by another Honda of any sort.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The thing that really Pis@#$s me off is that the dealership was secretive about why they had to call the "District Service Manager" When he denied the warranty the would not even tell me his name, would not give contact info and would not even do a conference call with him. I was told to call Honda America 800 customer service number. What a joke. They offered no help whatsoever. Said the District Service Managers word was final and that there is no appeal. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told that they were not available. Asked that one call me back and never received a call back. Honda does not seem to know the definition of Customer Service. It looks like the dealership would want an $8000 dollar warranty job. This is my second bad experience with Honda Service. I doubt that I will ever by another Honda of any sort.
im really sorry man.

spyder57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ABP CTR
Country flag
Get a lawyer, no one will share stories of their success stories because inevitably an NDA is part of the settlement. Honda is especially notorious for this.

franco0790

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX M/t
Country flag
Hi
I'm from costa rica,

Turns out, I took the CTR to the dealership to check the gearbox, because the first was locked and the second was coming off.

Now they just told me that it does not apply for warranty.

My car cannot be used because it is towed.

Evidence can be obtained from other cases that have been successful?

gohighhhehrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi
I'm from costa rica,

Turns out, I took the CTR to the dealership to check the gearbox, because the first was locked and the second was coming off.

Now they just told me that it does not apply for warranty.

My car cannot be used because it is towed.

Evidence can be obtained from other cases that have been successful?
Don't know how it is in Costa Rica with your warranty terms, but transmission/gearbox issues should be covered under warranty in general. Is there a Honda office in Costa Rica? You should bring up to them that your dealer is refusing warranty claims.

franco0790

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX M/t
Country flag
Don't know how it is in Costa Rica with your warranty terms, but transmission/gearbox issues should be covered under warranty in general. Is there a Honda office in Costa Rica? You should bring up to them that your dealer is refusing warranty claims.
In Costa Rica there is only one Honda dealer. Another option is to escalate the case with the state (Consumer Advocate)
Sponsored