Type r transmission problem, DOCUMENTED.

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Hi, I wanted to start this post to collect name of people having this transmission problems. I brough mine ctr to dealer last week, and asked for a tech to drive the car, the tech was able to replicate tye problem, so it is documented. I am thinking in making a spreadsheet with the name, phone nunber and/or email, ctr production nunber (badge), and vin. PM if you are interested to be part of this. If you are having this problem and send me you info, I will send you the copy with the info of everybody that have experinced the problem and send me the info.
Sponsored

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
This is a good start. So, what's the process and possible outcome of "being documented"? And how long will it take to reach a solution?

OP, thanks for starting this!

OP
OP
theangelofspace15

theangelofspace15

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Idk y
This is a good start. So, what's the process and possible outcome of "being documented"? And how long will it take to reach a solution?

OP, thanks for starting this!
I sincery dont know. They made the ticket last week. I called national honda today and they said my issue will be scalated to the manager and it will take 24-48h for them to contact me back. But the problem we are having is that when we bring the car to the dealer, the dealer "sorry, we cant replicate the problem", So, now we have somebody that the dealer have been abke to replecated it. What I am trying to get with this post is that when you call national hinda customer service, you have a list of people and their contact info, whom has the same problem. And you can use that info whe making you clain. We will have the vin so honda can keep track of the vehicles with the same problem. We can the push/hooe for a recall.

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
Hi, I wanted to start this post to collect name of people having this transmission problems. I brough mine ctr to dealer last week, and asked for a tech to drive the car, the tech was able to replicate tye problem, so it is documented. I am thinking in making a spreadsheet with the name, phone nunber and/or email, ctr production nunber (badge), and vin. PM if you are interested to be part of this. If you are having this problem and send me you info, I will send you the copy with the info of everybody that have experinced the problem and send me the info.
Good Idea dude, we need to band together so Honda doesn't bend us all over the transmission barrel because they absolutely will. I plan on having my trans fluid analyzed when I change it as well and think we need to get the people on this list to do the same, especially if there is some proof in that cumulative pudding. For what its worth I think the two biggest factors causing the crunch and other issues are 1.Rev Match System 2.Trans fluid not up to temperature. My issues have gotten better with turning off the rev match for what its worth...especially when you get on it in first.

apk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR RR
Country flag
When I complained over the summer, the techs could not replicate but they did replace the fluid after talking to the tech line. So I am unsure where I lie with the documentation. I need to circle back around and try again soon.

Cstokes

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
My 2019 has a vibration starting at 3,200 RPM. The vibration can be felt through the entire car. It feels more turbulent than actual “vibration.” Dealership changes the fluid and it appeared to help... for a day.

I keep getting the run around between Honda and the dealership. One person told me “maybe it’s just a characteristic of the car.” Wtf? Being going through this for 5 months and still dealing with it.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So... I may be shit out of luck, HOWEVER, While I have upgraded to Amsoil and a Hybrid Racing shifter I seem to have identified additional info for the issues.

The 2nd gear engagement is super "Clunky" It knotches its way in. The 4th gear lockout from 5th is real. What's interesting is my Hybrid Racing shifter will not actually let me pull it out of 5th when I try to go to 4th. It's very interesting. Before with the Honda Shifter it would just not allow me to go into 4th. However, there for sure have been some 4th gear lockouts completely. :(

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
What RPMs do these lockouts/clunks/gate won't engage occur?
No one has ever mentioned that data?

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
i drive a 2020 and had a 2018 had no issues shifting , unless i was racing but was super rare

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
My 2019 has a vibration starting at 3,200 RPM. The vibration can be felt through the entire car. It feels more turbulent than actual “vibration.” Dealership changes the fluid and it appeared to help... for a day.

I keep getting the run around between Honda and the dealership. One person told me “maybe it’s just a characteristic of the car.” Wtf? Being going through this for 5 months and still dealing with it.
Have you tried to check the torque on your rear motor mount? Sounds like that's loose if that's your experience

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Since I bought the car I had the 2 gear grinding issues, after all the mods rarely when I shifting too fast like flat shifting happens ,short story I went to the dealer and I replicated the issue but my warranty were denied because I'm tuned . I called Honda corporation and they talked to the dealership but the same story.
Waste of time!

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
sorry to hear that happened to you guys. When I got my ep3 in 04, same problem with 2nd. Seems like honda haven't improved with the sam peoblems.

My remedy, baby that/ those gear(s) ;D

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
Only about 500km on my car so far but I have not had a single 1-2 grind or 5-4 lockout, or any other transmission issues. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

The rattle I have at exactly 2700rpm in the passenger footwell area though - the stress from my OCD is probably taking years off my life haha. One day I will find it...

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since I bought the car I had the 2 gear grinding issues, after all the mods rarely when I shifting too fast like flat shifting happens ,short story I went to the dealer and I replicated the issue but my warranty were denied because I'm tuned . I called Honda corporation and they talked to the dealership but the same story.
Waste of time!

WOW

A tune has no issue based on how the transmission functions. How did they discover you were tuned? Such a well documented issue on the car should have a solution...

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
If you have any mods that increase power, I could see them denying transmission warranty as that is directly related. I'm not saying I like it but I would have expected that outcome, unfortunately. Sorry to hear.
Sponsored