Ericks_fk8

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I recently ran into some issues with my transmission and was told by my mechanic that’ll i’ll more then likely need to have it replaced. I’m here looking for any information on a shop or person that has worked on these transmission as apparently no one in my town has experience working on them. Mainly with building a stronger transmission to put up with some abuse. After some research online, i’ve noticed that the transmission aftermarket for the Type R is very very small. So far the only thing I have found is a upgraded 4th gear made by RV6P and a guy in FL thats rebuilts transmissions with it installed

https://www.geardriveninc.com/Honda...smission-FK8-6SP-LSD-500HP-RV6P-4th_p_90.html

Just let me know if anyone has any information that will help me get this car back on the road with a stronger transmission.
Sponsored

DRUSA

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Civic Type R 2000 Honda S2000
Country flag
Only thing I've heard of is updated 3rd?/4th gear sets from HPD. We have torn down a couple now, they all have driver hinted abuse in common. 2nd gear synchro is junk from 1-2 drag shifts, reverse is junk from throwing it in gear from a roll etc.

Honda manual trans are historically bulletproof. The materials used usually withstand hundreds of hp over stock. I took a gear to a local machinist once to have it milled down, guy came back pretty shocked at how hard it was, coming from a 30yr veteran machinist.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hello!, I'm working with a company who make race transmission and gears, working on a gear kit with a couple options different ratios gear set for 1 to 6 th gear forged 1000hp capable, this is a long project. The price range won't be cheap, around $4000 just for the gear set aprox.

I will keep you guys posted.

JohnEBlaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 CW Type R
Country flag
Only thing I've heard of is updated 3rd?/4th gear sets from HPD. We have torn down a couple now, they all have driver hinted abuse in common. 2nd gear synchro is junk from 1-2 drag shifts, reverse is junk from throwing it in gear from a roll etc.

Honda manual trans are historically bulletproof. The materials used usually withstand hundreds of hp over stock. I took a gear to a local machinist once to have it milled down, guy came back pretty shocked at how hard it was, coming from a 30yr veteran machinist.
However everyone swears they're 'manual masters' in every grind thread... :D

slw_as_fk.8

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl Civic Type R
Country flag
I reached out to the guys at drag cartel and they told me that they should have a gear kit coming out soon. Im curious if there is anyone out there who made carbon synchros for the type R.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag

LOL

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello!, I'm working with a company who make race transmission and gears, working on a gear kit with a couple options different ratios gear set for 1 to 6 th gear forged 1000hp capable, this is a long project. The price range won't be cheap, around $4000 just for the gear set aprox.

I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Reviving this because I wanna build my trans
I’ll will be posting soon , the first sample gearset will be ready soon I’ll be make another thread.

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
I’ll will be posting soon , the first sample gearset will be ready soon I’ll be make another thread.
Excited to see what you have in store but it’s likely out of the question for me. Too badass of a kit I just need some peasant shit for sub 800 lol

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Excited to see what you have in store but it’s likely out of the question for me. Too badass of a kit I just need some peasant shit for sub 800 lol
You will be able to buy just one gear , not the whole kit .
I would be keep you guys posted

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
You will be able to buy just one gear , not the whole kit .
I would be keep you guys posted
That changes everything! Sign me up for 3rd & 4th gear. Are you working on a set of synchros to pair with the gears as well?
Sponsored