Type r Tranny issues still?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hmm...how about replacing them both, if it can resolve the grinding issue for good, i'd do it sooner than later.

The only thing i hate about this grinding issue is that there are so many speculated solutions but not one has been confirmed yet. So, we have to keep on trying. Good luck and please update here when you find the solution.
Sponsored

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 Buick Grand National, 11 GTR, 18 CBP Type R, 11 Tundra Rock Warrior
Country flag
Yep same as gator gatto he has like 50 videos on leading up to his so called fix he came across then nothing after or long term after an it looks like he drives his car a lot I will dig into this an I will update after so many miles or after thousands of miles. I am going to do the SC I don’t think there is a delay valve in the CMC. I think gator is telling stories. Mine grinds an locks out of 4th pretty often so I will be able to tell if this fixes it I will keep u guy posted. Might just head to Honda today an order one I got a break from working at home an it has its perks

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Everyone is afraid to do it scared to throw there warranty out with there 500 dollar payments a month when they paid 40-50k for these last year lol. I have title for my car I don’t really give 2 shits I just want it fixed. I don’t want some crack head who’s straight out of Honda school breaking shit taking my tranny out

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Porsche GT4, 20 Civic Si, 15 Lexus IS350 RWD
Country flag
I though Gato ended up getting a new trans...

Anyhow can this thread be moved to warranty/TSB section?

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
U know how to move it? I am new don’t know how... this is why I stay off forums just trying to figure out the issue with the trans. Nobody has got a straight answer on how to fix it.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An the answer isn’t go to the dealer 20 times til they duplicate the issue an get a new trans because we don’t work on our own cars

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
U know how to move it? I am new don’t know how... this is why I stay off forums just trying to figure out the issue with the trans. Nobody has got a straight answer on how to fix it.

Moderator needs to move it...

I agree if I was having the issue I would want it addressed or fixed ASAP.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well when they move it they move it. If it bothers u don’t read the the thread idk why people are chiming in that don’t have issues if your cars good don’t worry about it cause what I have found out that on my short time on here u guys laugh at fellow owners that have trans issues an don’t wanna help out. I wanna find out what the problem is an like today or tomorrow not next year this car has been out a year an not a straight answer yet an no help

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When the car is to new I don’t want to be the first one they do either at a dealer. It doesn’t kill me to drive it. It’s just annoying bro. I’ll grind the thing til there pieces of gear in the tranny idc lol. I am not going to go to a dealer until it does it all the time it’s a waste of time to go we can’t get it to do it sry come back waste another few hours of my time another day no thanks

RP2000R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When the car is to new I don’t want to be the first one they do either at a dealer. It doesn’t kill me to drive it. It’s just annoying bro. I’ll grind the thing til there pieces of gear in the tranny idc lol. I am not going to go to a dealer until it does it all the time it’s a waste of time to go we can’t get it to do it sry come back waste another few hours of my time another day no thanks

If you want your car repaired it needs to be documented with the dealer.

Find a dealer your comfortable with or that another member has had a good expierence with to avoid 20 trips to the dealer.

Videos will greatly help your case!

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not the dealers around me. I don’t think it’s a trans problem an it goes back to what I said before... the dealers are just part replacers anymore some are not but there few an far between anymore bro. I don’t want that.. I don’t want 2,3,4 parts throw on it at a time all at once then nobody finds out what’s actually wrong. It doesn’t help anybody. They can look at your videos all they want they still have to duplicate the issue been there done that. I would just rather throw parts at it one at a time an see what fixes it. I would rather buy a trans an throw it in myself... I understand that not everyone has the means to do that or funds. I assume that a lot of people have glanced at this today so I am going to assume after a year nobody has a straight answer but to tell me to take it to a dealer an let them figure it out... then nobody really knows what it was that fixed the issue. I watched gatos videos an he had trans replaced an cmc at same time or sc or whatever so he doesn’t know what fixed it another guy on here had trans replaced an it was worse another guy had oil leaking from trans it fixed his with new trans. U see my point to many variables to many parts replaced at once that not how u figure out an issue is to start throwing tons of parts at a car. I’ll figure this out one part at a time an let u guys know what I figure out what fixes it if it don’t she’s going bye bye i’ll Get new Supra coming out

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am sure guys have fixed the issue but they don’t come on here am exactly tell u what they did because they didn’t do it the dealer did or they threw a bunch of stuff at it an really don’t know what was the fix an after it’s fixed we live in the world today that mine fixed who cares about anyone else I am not like that I wanna fix this an let everyone know what the deal is

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Friends cars buddy an I paid little under msrp for the type r it doesn’t matter at no need to drive a car with 7 miles on it. I buy cars all the time no need to test drive I figured I knew what It was an it wouldn’t have these issues. I can see your a Honda loyalist or if I say anything bad about this car your gonna jump on me I am just stating facts that everyone else is well let me say that again that most people are having don’t want u critiquing everything I say. I am not on here to get in a war of words just stating facts that I have issues with my car. So everyone know that there still issues if they would like to purchase one an are on the fence about it. Not everyone has 35k to throw around I am fortunate that I do. Just letting people know theres still issues with the type r
Sorry to hear about your mechanical issues, really shouldn't happen with a brand new car, I was hoping with the 2018's these problems would have been addressed.
Honda reliability is not what it used to be.
You have every right to express your concerns here on this forum, that's what its for.
Don't worry about that forum member, he's not only a Honda fan boy and bashes anyone who criticizes Hondas, but a foul mouthed pig.
I understand your comment "I wouldn’t let a dealership work on a ten speed bicycle buddy" fully, as sometimes they do more harm than good.
Anyway, I hope Honda will step up to the plate and get all your issues resolved.

Acurately

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3G Acura TL, 1G Acura MDX
Country flag
hey can you try adjusting clutch pedal freeplay, just in case it wasn't set right from factory.

OP
OP
turboshawn

turboshawn

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am good on that it’s fine. It’s not out of adjustment that can open another bag of worms like wearing your clutch out if people are not familiar with how to do that
Sponsored