Type R tires

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
What is everyone putting on for tires? Stock tires lasted me 7k miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP
clothier1

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
7k? Great...tell me you were driving hard?
The dealership originally told me people were complaining they were only lasting 5k miles. I drive it hard maybe 50% of the time.

OP
OP
clothier1

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
I downsized to '18s and put on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S.
How have they held up? Do you like them? The stock tires are $315 a tire not including tax and didnt last long. I am looking for a good tire that will last me a little longer than 7k miles.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
How have they held up? Do you like them? The stock tires are $315 a tire not including tax and didnt last long. I am looking for a good tire that will last me a little longer than 7k miles.
I only drove on them for about ~800 miles so far, so can't personally comment on tread wear. Grip wise, they are great in both dry and wet conditions. Obviously dependent on how you drive the car, but Michelin says the tire should last about 30K miles. For daily driving, these are hard to beat. Pricey yes, but Michelins usually are and you get what you pay for.

I HIGHLY suggest that if you daily drive your CTR, downsize to '18s or even '19s, not only will the ride become more comfortable but replacing tires would be cheaper.

OP
OP
clothier1

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
I only drove on them for about ~800 miles so far, so can't personally comment on tread wear. Grip wise, they are great in both dry and wet conditions. Obviously dependent on how you drive the car, but Michelin says the tire should last about 30K miles. For daily driving, these are hard to beat. Pricey yes, but Michelins usually are and you get what you pay for.

I HIGHLY suggest that if you daily drive your CTR, downsize to '18s or even '19s, not only will the ride become more comfortable but replacing tires would be cheaper.
Thanks! I do daily drive. I will definitely consider down sizing.

OP
OP
clothier1

clothier1

First Name
Marisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Off topic but noticed you're in NY, what part? Might try to set up a local meet of some sort if we can get enough people.
Saratoga Springs, NY

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag

Do you think ps4s are too soft ? I have re71r at the front and the steering is not numb at all. But if I put ps4s i felt more torque steer and slow response . I drive on canyons a lot , usually do ~70 around those 45 bents .

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Do you think ps4s are too soft ? I have re71r at the front and the steering is not numb at all. But if I put ps4s i felt more torque steer and slow response . I drive on canyons a lot , usually do ~70 around those 45 bents .
Honestly can't say, the only comparison I have are to the stock '20s, and the PS4S are far better in terms of response, which is expected since they are mounted on smaller wheels. I didn't experience much torque steer. If I were to mount more aggressive tires such as the RE71R, I would hope it'd be more responsive lol. I was actually on the fence between the PS4S and RE71R, but went with the PS4S since they were better for wet traction and I don't have near term plans for track days.

The_Honda_Code

Code FK8
First Name
Code
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is everyone putting on for tires? Stock tires lasted me 7k miles.
Lol mine lasted over 20k miles. When you live in Florida, at sea level, and it's all straight line roads for the most part. No track days, just daily driving

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Honestly can't say, the only comparison I have are to the stock '20s, and the PS4S are far better in terms of response, which is expected since they are mounted on smaller wheels. I didn't experience much torque steer. If I were to mount more aggressive tires such as the RE71R, I would hope it'd be more responsive lol. I was actually on the fence between the PS4S and RE71R, but went with the PS4S since they were better for wet traction and I don't have near term plans for track days.
Am I missing something? Wouldn't the responsiveness be worse on smaller rims? You drastically increased the amount of sidewall by going with a smaller wheel which would necessarily decrease responsiveness.
Sponsored