Type R subwoofer install

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
Thought I’d add this to the board. Finished this project up this past weekend. Sounds freaking awesome...very clean and tight. Am using the factory fronts, and quite honestly at this point have zero desire to change them. Running this off the sub output with a Pioneer mono-block amp. I wanted to maintain control of the subs through the head unit. These are, and I Highly recommend, the Dayton Ref. Series subs, these are high output models. They are each in an enclosure just shy of a sq. foot empty. Need to get a db reading to see where I’m at. Not by any means an SPL guy, just want relatively good clean sound without modifying anything, which gets loud. Which was accomplished.

I want to add a “TYPE R” logo to the top in red, or a “HONDA” logo between the subs in black

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R subwoofer install D2B83F02-8151-4BE9-A2A0-CCE17DCE9BCF
Sponsored

EtRtcarguy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic
Country flag
Thought I’d add this to the board. Finished this project up this past weekend. Sounds freaking awesome...very clean and tight. Am using the factory fronts, and quite honestly at this point have zero desire to change them. Running this off the sub output with a Pioneer mono-block amp. I wanted to maintain control of the subs through the head unit. These are, and I Highly recommend, the Dayton Ref. Series subs, these are high output models. They are each in an enclosure just shy of a sq. foot empty. Need to get a db reading to see where I’m at. Not by any means an SPL guy, just want relatively good clean sound without modifying anything, which gets loud. Which was accomplished.

I want to add a “TYPE R” logo to the top in red, or a “HONDA” logo between the subs in black

D2B83F02-8151-4BE9-A2A0-CCE17DCE9BCF.jpeg
Great job..very nice finish on that. What size subs?

OP
OP

favre95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Country flag
I like it. Planning on doing this too, but it will be removable. Due to this is my daily driver.
This is actually completely removable. I wanted a look that was custom, but that was also removable. It took some thought, because of the asymmetrical nature of the trunk to make it look balanced and like it was supposed to be there. I was going to do a side enclosure, but wanted two drivers...I didn't want to make two enclosures though. I still have a fair amount of trunk space available still with this design.

KamenRider

First Name
Kham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag

D2B83F02-8151-4BE9-A2A0-CCE17DCE9BCF.jpeg
You have any instructions on how to install the amp and sub and how to hook the wires up to the LCi?