First Name
sung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8
Country flag
Hi,
I am planning to install spacers on my oem wheels that is lowered on swift.
I have researched but couldn’t find a def answer...
I don’t wanna go too aggressive and start rubbing, so wanting to go least as possible.
what is the minimum mm I can go with spacers that doesn’t required any stud mod?
25mm? 22mm?
Thank you in advance !
Sponsored

Redraider

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Sonic Grey
Country flag
Hi,
I don’t wanna go too aggressive and start rubbing, so wanting to go least as possible.
what is the minimum mm I can go with spacers that doesn’t required any stud mod?
25mm? 22mm?
Thank you in advance !
I just measured the exposed threads of the stud with the wheel mounted and there is only 16mm of thread. Adding a few mm of spacer is ok, but any more than that, you are risking not getting enough thread engagement to ensure the integrity of the wheel to hub connection. Very risky

OP
OP
couna777

couna777

First Name
sung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8
Country flag
I just measured the exposed threads of the stud with the wheel mounted and there is only 16mm of thread. Adding a few mm of spacer is ok, but any more than that, you are risking not getting enough thread engagement to ensure the integrity of the wheel to hub connection. Very risky
I want to get spacers with studs on, not just spacers using original studs.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I want to get spacers with studs on, not just spacers using original studs.
We offer exactly what you're seeking, H&R's DRM series Spacers in 20mm, 27mm, and 30mm widths. The spacers bolt into the hub, and your wheels bolt onto the DRM wheel studs that are provided in the kit.

With the factory wheels and tires 20mm Front and Rear are best for an OEM+ look (will still sit within the fenders). 27mm will be flush, and 30mm will give a hair of poke but still not present any issues on stock springs.

https://unity-performance.com/products/h-r-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-civic-type-r

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
for 30mm, by no issues on stock suspension, you mean no rub in any situations?
thinking of getting 30mm while i wait for new wheels.

We offer exactly what you're seeking, H&R's DRM series Spacers in 20mm, 27mm, and 30mm widths. The spacers bolt into the hub, and your wheels bolt onto the DRM wheel studs that are provided in the kit.

With the factory wheels and tires 20mm Front and Rear are best for an OEM+ look (will still sit within the fenders). 27mm will be flush, and 30mm will give a hair of poke but still not present any issues on stock springs.

https://unity-performance.com/products/h-r-hub-centric-wheel-spacers-civic-type-r

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
for 30mm, by no issues on stock suspension, you mean no rub in any situations?
thinking of getting 30mm while i wait for new wheels.
Correct, no rub. We have seen forum folks run 30mm on their Type R's with stock wheels, it's the only time that stock wheels look good on the CTR ?

OP
OP
couna777

couna777

First Name
sung
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8
Country flag

So they do fit 20mm spacers without any modification on stock wheel?

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So they do fit 20mm spacers without any modification on stock wheel?
Yes, no modifications will be needed for the listed spacers. Typically, no modifications are required anyways when using spacers

ctrsg

First Name
CTR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Would a 5mm spacer need any extended lug nuts? Safe for going on track?

oak

First Name
wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Hi,
25mm? 22mm?
Thank you in advance !
I went with 20mm fronts and 25mm rears. Both front and rears studs needed to be ground, also I had to relieve some of the high spot in the wheel pockets.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r spacers question CDA87501-228B-4D2D-B122-A2D3FCF5475E

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

I installed 27mm on my ctr. Will using swift springs cause any rub? The oem wheels now are flush to the fender. Thanks!!

Salespunk

First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, Ram 2500, 328 Wagon
Country flag
I run 30 mm spacers on stock wheels at stock height and definitely get rub on big compressions. Doesn't really bother me though since it happens so infrequently.