Type R/ Si badges on regular models?

What do you guys think about putting Type R or Si badges on standard Civics?

• Total voters

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yay or nay? Just curious what you all think :)
Sponsored

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
The dumbest thing you could do. What is the point? You know you're not driving an Si or Type R. People that don't know any better don't care, and people who do know better will just pull up next to you and laugh at you, like myself.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
The dumbest thing you could do. What is the point? You know you're not driving an Si or Type R. People that don't know any better don't care, and people who do know better will just pull up next to you and laugh at you, like myself.
I'm seeing the red 'H' in your avatar showing (I presume) your Si. The red 'H' is a (production car) Type R-only badge. Mind you, it is healthy to laugh at yourself :D.

ETA: I voted that it didn't matter to me ... to me, enthusiasm is enthusiasm. The other day I was filling up at a gas station when the attendant came out and went into great detail about replica Type R wings - he'd ordered one from Malaysia IIRC for his LX sedan and wasn't happy about the fit and wanted to get something better and was wondering if he ordered the official Honda parts if they would fit. He wanted to get the Type R center caps for his wheels and wanted to know where I got mine. He was just sooo into it. I respect that enthusiasm.

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Are you going to try to modify the exterior of your car to look more like an Si? It’d be very difficult to emulate a Type R exterior. If all you’d be doing is badging, it’s gonna stick out like a sore thumb the way all the Pep Boys specials did back in the 90s and 00s when ricers slapped Type R badges on hand-me-down Civics/Accords/Integras/CRXs/Del Slows.

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Putting the red JDM badges on your car is a little different than putting the "Si" and "Type R" badges on a base model civic trying to make it look like something it isn't. People have been adding them to their non Type R cars for years because they look better than the shitty silver ones that come on the car.

I have red badges yes, I also have Si badges right beside them because my car is an Si, not trying to fool anyone. It's clearly for aesthetics. If you want to put the red badges on your LX or whatever go for it, but once you throw an Si or Type R badge to try to pass it off as one, that is ridiculous.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I think it should be 'and' instead of 'or' -- i.e. why not put both badges there, R on one side and Si on the other, both in front and the back? That'll make it really super-special! :D

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it should be 'and' instead of 'or' -- i.e. why not put both badges there, R on one side and Si on the other, both in front and the back? That'll make it really super-special! :D
Or just make it one, a Type RSI, LMAO!! :rofl:
Sponsored