Type R/ Si badges on regular models?

What do you guys think about putting Type R or Si badges on standard Civics?

• Total voters

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
The crux of your post is "well my cvt can get to 60 almost as quickly so it is basically the same car". Not judging but it makes it sound like the post is by someone who really doesn't know the first thing about cars. You could put a ton of power into a van to give it a quick 0-60 time but that does not make it as fun to drive as a Miata.

The Si is a Civic in which not an insignificant amount of engineering has gone into changing the driving characteristics. As a result, the Si drives very differently from a 1.5MT- they feel like completely different cars. To name just a few items: the Si has a better gearbox than the normal manual, it has a much better shifter than the normal manual, the suspension is stiffer, it corners flatter, it has better braking characteristics, it rides lower, it accelerates quicker due to having more power, and it has a limited slip differential which by itself completely changes how the car behaves in spirited driving. On the cosmetic/cool stuff side it also has a better start up exhaust note, huge wheels, and a cool looking wing. The lack of spare tire is for weight savings.

The genX Si has more torque than any Si before it and it produces full torque as early as 2100rpm which means the car is not completely gutless as every Si was before it.

The 10th gen Si has received rave reviews from virtually every major car publication and many enthusiasts consider it the best Civic Si Honda has ever made due to it being the fastest and best handling Si while also getting over 40mpg- it's fun to drive and practical as a DD.

If you're one of those people for whom every number of horses the car has matters, I'll mention that people are getting dyno results of more than 200hp to the wheels of the stock genX Si- which means Honda is underrating the actual power the engine produces by a fair bit- likely so as to not take any limelight away from the Type R.

There is a reason the Si costs over $5,000 more than the Civic; the Civic is an econo box(granted, a very good one). The Si is a driver's car. Slapping a body kit and an Si badge onto your CVT will not make it anything like an Si.
Well said! C&D Lightning Lap at VIR. The 10th stomps a serious mud-hole in previous Si's.

2017. 3:14.6
2012. 3:24.1
2008. 3:24.8(Mugen)
2006. 3:26.5
Sponsored

Flyindutchman

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
The Red H badge is an exclusive TypeR badge. It's no difference than putting on a TypeR actual emblem. It's a TypeR part that screams TypeR way more than a tiny little redR that you can only see close up. So technically adding any performance trademark like oem TypeR wheel caps, Red H emblems, painting your calipers red, Si Type R spoilers, steering wheels, engine covers, ect ect ect it's ALL no different than putting an actual Si or TypeR logo. I personally like the Red accents and feel it sets off the look and feel of the TypeR. I say if you have a Sport hatch and you want to clone a TypeR who cares. I'm sure 20k TypeR look sounds better than paying overpriced 45k for the real thing.
Does anyone have any solid proof to back this up? I know I've seen it stated or advertised by Honda that the Red H was an exclusive Type R identifier but I can't remember where or when...

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Poof is it's a type R part number. Not advertised or listed as an optional civic accessory. You can call Honda parts at any Honda Dealer. Honda does not recommend crossreferencing parts even if they are slightly different. Doing so with anything electronical or drive train will void your warranty.

Does anyone have any solid proof to back this up? I know I've seen it stated or advertised by Honda that the Red H was an exclusive Type R identifier but I can't remember where or when...

Last edited:

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well I'll be purchasing a pair Type R Red badges for my car once done with this post. And I promise you all, I won't care one way or the other if you like it or not. Make some payments on my car and we can discuss a few things then.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Well I'll be purchasing a pair Type R Red badges for my car once done with this post. And I promise you all, I won't care one way or the other if you like it or not. Make some payments on my car and we can discuss a few things then.
I'm on the same boat as you. I don't care what others think about my car. I like my Civic RS7!

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CTR was out of my price range, but I have no problem looking at it for inspiration. If that offends anyone I could care less.

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I agree with you all. So far I have been getting good compliments from fellow Civic and even a few WRX drivers. It's your car and do whatever makes you smile :)

Si_NSX904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thought I'd post some gorgeous Type R badges on my Si for all of you to admire! Don't worry I'll wash her tomorrow...

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R/ Si badges on regular models? Si butt

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R/ Si badges on regular models? Si nos

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R/ Si badges on regular models? Si rear

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thought I'd post some gorgeous Type R badges on my Si for all of you to admire! Don't worry I'll wash her tomorrow...
Oh thank the lord, I thought you were referring to the literal "Type-R" script badges

FiveFingerCNTpunch

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 type R - 2020 civic si
Country flag
So my thoughts on this subject . The type R and the si both have red accents throughout the car. I honestly feel that the red badges should already be included on the si , to match the actual Red si badge , the red stitched seats, and red trim that’s all over the dash. Even the lights inside are black and red. So why would it be such a stretch to give the Si owners a red H? The type R has plenty of cosmetic differences than the si that it’s not like the Red H is gonna confuse someone. It is odd seeing them on cars that don’t even match the color scheme tho. however the red badges were never designed to be type r exclusive . In fact the red emblem was Hondas very first original emblem in 1961 long before ricer boy racers stuck them on their base model civic with a fart can , and cheap plastic wing that’s bigger than the car itself. the type r owners should not be bothered by seeing a red H on any other Honda. Now… if u see a type R wing and type r badge slapped on one of those automatic sport hatches.. that’s straight up disrespectful to the type R.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't hate me for what I did to my Sport Hatch. 😝

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R/ Si badges on regular models? IMG_8625

Brivis

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
Poser .

What do you think of people putting AMG badges on non AMG's ?
worked in a Benz dealer years ago. so many people used to order the 600 badge and put it on their car. and these were people in their 50's & 60's.
Sponsored