Type R/ Si badges on regular models?

What do you guys think about putting Type R or Si badges on standard Civics?

• Total voters

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
Fake badges are pure vanity. There's no other reason why someone would feel compelled to put an AMG/M/Type-R/STI badge on the regular version of their car other than to make other people think their car is more expensive than it really is.
Sponsored

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Is it just me or is the hatchback getting more aftermarket love than the Si's? Previous gens have always been about the Si, now that we have a hatchback it seems companies are focusing more on that to appease all the people that are likely going to try and make their hatchback look like a type r.

fiatlux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Sequoia, '10 M6, '13 STi, '16 TLX
Country flag
Is it just me or is the hatchback getting more aftermarket love than the Si's? Previous gens have always been about the Si, now that we have a hatchback it seems companies are focusing more on that to appease all the people that are likely going to try and make their hatchback look like a type r.
They know their target audience: ricers :p.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Once the TypeR spoiler becomes widely available painted on eBay for 150 or less. Then the TypeR clones will poor out.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
I’d say it’s because there are a lot more hatchbacks out there. Once all the “universal” parts are released, more model-specific parts will come out, if the demand is there.

Probably because the hatch is the “default” body style worldwide. They have sedans in Asia as well but I think the coupe and Si powertrain is specific to North America.

Last edited:

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Red H badge is an exclusive TypeR badge. It's no difference than putting on a TypeR actual emblem. It's a TypeR part that screams TypeR way more than a tiny little redR that you can only see close up. So technically adding any performance trademark like oem TypeR wheel caps, Red H emblems, painting your calipers red, Si Type R spoilers, steering wheels, engine covers, ect ect ect it's ALL no different than putting an actual Si or TypeR logo. I personally like the Red accents and feel it sets off the look and feel of the TypeR. I say if you have a Sport hatch and you want to clone a TypeR who cares. I'm sure 20k TypeR look sounds better than paying overpriced 45k for the real thing.
Use of the red Honda emblem has a historical perspective that seems to be overlooked in favor of its recent exclusive use on Type R vehicles produced since the 1990s. Let us not forget early Honda Civics in America were adorned with a red Honda emblem. So, I don’t take issue with the red Honda emblem on non-Type R vehicles.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R/ Si badges on regular models? 820E5773-19AF-4E5F-B212-6D640BF26A44

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Might as well put 4 rings on it and call it Audi RS7

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Saw this the other day here in portland actually. had to laugh. it was a grey civic coupe with the "touring badge" on it, even though it had regular headlights and no touch screen or side camera, they also slapped on a Type R badge AND put a red "S" after the "touring" logo. Apparently theres a new Type RS Touring coupe I didnt know about.

AegeanKing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan EX-T
No, for the same reason I don’t slap an ///M badge on my BMW.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda had a red accented H Emblem way back in 1976 in the US. A year or two afterwards is when they stopped. The Red H Emblem today is a 100% TypeR badge and trademark. From a distance or passing Civic with red H emblems and China TypeR replica spoiler. I doubt if I would notice the difference at a glance and I know Hondas. I would really need to study the passing car to notice.

But all that said who cares. The Red accents look great when you put them on front, rear and wheels.

Use of the red Honda emblem has a historical perspective that seems to be overlooked in favor of its recent exclusive use on Type R vehicles produced since the 1990s. Let us not forget early Honda Civics in America were adorned with a red Honda emblem. So, I don’t take issue with the red Honda emblem on non-Type R vehicles.

820E5773-19AF-4E5F-B212-6D640BF26A44.jpeg

Last edited:

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I’d say it’s because there are a lot more hatchbacks out there. Once all the “universal” parts are released, more model-specific parts will come out, if the demand is there.

Probably because the hatch is the “default” body style worldwide. They have sedans in Asia as well but I think the coupe and Si powertrain is specific to North America.

This is exactly why I got a Coupe SI. I never see any 10th gen coupes anywhere

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Badging a non-Si/R as one would be in the realm of an automotive out-of-bounds for me. I'm less hung up on the red H badges, though they're a type R exclusive for the Civic... though it's something *I'd* never do. I think the red R is more on the customization realm than being a poser. My opinion...

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About Mercedes or BMW......they are putting fake AMG /M badges from factory:banghead:

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
An actual Type R badge on a non-Type R or Si badge on a non-Si is a negative for me, but that’s just my opinion. I’m an open book on use of the red Honda emblem.
Sponsored