First Name
CIVIC.FK4
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 Turbo RS
Country flag
Hello guys, please advice.
I would like to replace oem black seatbelt with Type R FK8 red seatbelt, will it fit 100% ? Please help, it looks so good for the interior.
Sponsored

Dmon808

Lost FK8 in Hawaii
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
I would like to replace oem black seatbelt with Type R FK8 red seatbelt, will it fit 100% ? Please help, it looks so good for the interior.
First, find type r seatbelt.
Second, remove panel and compare seat belt assembly.
Third, test fit seatbelt, make sure it clips in and secures you
Fourth, get beer and smile
Fifth, I'm not a professional so don't take my advice

civicsi1211

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic type R
Country flag
Back when I have an 8th civic, I went ahead and used my summer paychecks to redo the front end in Fiji Blue because I believe they didn’t offer that color anymore with the newer style front ends.
It was exciting for like a month.
In retrospect I wish I would of saved that money and put it towards a newer civic instead of spending money to make my car look like the one I want.
I am all for modding & upgrading your car to your liking, but if you like Red interior civics,
Don’t pay a lot for a civic type r seat belt, save that money and get a type r.
30-40k mile ones aren’t too too expensive.
I got my 2019 with 4K lower then MSRP and I love my red seatbelts.

Good luck with your upgrade.

JDM Power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (FK8)
Country flag
Hi ! I don’t know to give you a sure answer for your problem, but about my experience, the R seatbelt shoud fit without any problem in your FK7, considering that we talk about the same car body.
I suggest you to go to a Honda dealer and ask them politely to make together a little research about this problem, because they ussualy have detailed technical specs about the cars they sale.
Another possibility is to remove yourself the interior seatbelt panel of your car, make photos, show them here, and maybe a forum user will show you the same picture, but with a Type R interior, then compare the photos.
Good luck !
Sponsored

Last edited: