Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
of course not, the upgrade and cars are too new to tell.

it will have to simmer for a few years at least.
Lol it’s not too new to tell. Cars been out since 2017. The Type R Retro clutch/flywheel has been out for over 2 years already. Eman literally tore down his motor and trans and rebuilt them both with upgraded internals and gears.
Sponsored

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
Lol it’s not too new to tell. Cars been out since 2017. The Type R Retro clutch/flywheel has been out for over 2 years already. Eman literally tore down his motor and trans and rebuilt them both with upgraded internals and gears.
need I say more.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
need I say more.
No your just looking for answers that have been answered to you already. But you don't believe and what a well known mechanic and engine builder says then that's that.

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
No your just looking for answers that have been answered to you already. But you don't believe and what a well known mechanic and engine builder says then that's that.
No I do not.
But you may believe what you want.
What I do know is, neither you or eman is an engineer. And the people who design engines know what it’s best. Or they would not have put the parts in, in the first place. With that being said any power modifications made to a car will only inevitably take away from its overall life.
Especially when one chooses to put the car back together improperly and cast important parts to the side as spares or not needed.
This is why when we make the decision to do power modifications on our cars, we have to take into consideration that in doing so it might break it. And if we can’t afford to fix it then, we’ll, do not modify it.
Even-though choosing to take the route of power modifications, (which once again takes Away from long term reliability)one could try to do so in a fashion to make it as reliable as possible. Especially if it might be your daily driver.
Show me one other manufacturer of clutches that “recommends” to not use a pilot bearing,( or bushing in the SIs case.) Because I never heard of such a thing in my entire life. Why because it’s not logical.

do some research of your own, I’m not asking anyone to take my word for it.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No I do not.
But you may believe what you want.
What I do know is, neither you or eman is an engineer. And the people who design engines know what it’s best. Or they would not have put the parts in, in the first place. With that being said any power modifications made to a car will only inevitably take away from its overall life.
Especially when one chooses to put the car back together improperly and cast important parts to the side as spares or not needed.
This is why when we make the decision to do power modifications on our cars, we have to take into consideration that in doing so it might break it. And if we can’t afford to fix it then, we’ll, do not modify it.
Even-though choosing to take the route of power modifications, (which once again takes Away from long term reliability)one could try to do so in a fashion to make it as reliable as possible. Especially if it might be your daily driver.
Show me one other manufacturer of clutches that “recommends” to not use a pilot bearing,( or bushing in the SIs case.) Because I never heard of such a thing in my entire life. Why because it’s not logical.

do some research of your own, I’m not asking anyone to take my word for it.
Other clutch manufactures do not use a type r clutch on a non type r lol. It's a whole different setup with the type r vs Si. When you open up the trans you'll see what everyone is talking about. I can tell you within the two years the kit has been out, there has not been one failure. Do what you want lol but know that people will follow the guy who made it vs the guy who buys the kit and thinks it's missing parts lol. He also told you that adding one was pointless as your main shaft won’t even reach it on the flywheel.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
@LilToTo17

Sit back and let nature take its course :rolleyes1:

We'll find out soon enough how this plays out. Who knows, maybe he won't have an issue. or maybe he'll be replacing more then a clutch soon.
You can lead a horse to water..;) but the drinking part is another story.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@LilToTo17

Sit back and let nature take its course :rolleyes1:

We'll find out soon enough how this plays out. Who knows, maybe he won't have an issue. or maybe he'll be replacing more then a clutch soon.
You can lead a horse to water..;) but the drinking part is another story.
I mean if your not listening to Eman's advice then idk anymore lol. He'll be the fastest 10th gen real soon again.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
need I say more.
There’s a member who has over 120k miles with the type r retro clutch and no slipping issue or anything. FBO with E35 on stock turbo.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just want to also throw out there that eman and his buddy both are on the retrofit and make more power than any of use will ever see and their clutches are perfectly fine still. They beat on them too so that goes to show how good the kit is. I just picked mine up yesterday haha

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just want to also throw out there that eman and his buddy both are on the retrofit and make more power than any of use will ever see and their clutches are perfectly fine still. They beat on them too so that goes to show how good the kit is. I just picked mine up yesterday haha
Yup no need for pilot bearing needed

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No bushing either. Can't argue facts, that damn kits good. Idk why others wouldn't want to do it other than its pricey compared to some other options but well worth it.

mpir413

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si 2018
Country flag
Your are fool, why do you keep going on, why do you hold Eman on a pedestal? Do You Just love to stroke him, or are you his spokes person? My input shaft Indeed reaches the flywheel because I had a custom insert made to make up for the differences in FW dimensions why is that so hard to comprehend? I know this because we check multiple time to make sure everything lined up. Again, I never said the clutch would fail, so I don’t know why you keep going on about it. What I am saying is for the (100th time) Is not installing support for the trans input shaft ( which in design was engineered to be there)will most certainly cause some type of premature ware to the transmission. But By the sound of things you either don’t care to have your car long term, or don’t mind rebuilding or replacing transmissions at the expense of a hack job. I don’t why I expect you to grasp this concept, clearly it’s too much for the average person like yourself to comprehend. Like DO YOU EVEN WRENCH DUDE?
And go figure asking the guy selling the “HACK” (because that’s exactly what this retro fit clutch is out of the box,) he will claim no harm to come. No shit Sherlock.“ Drops mic “ done with this convo

ycehcky

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Catching up. Basically, neither the type R bearing and the Si bushing work with this set up. So, the test car/s were fitted with neither. Cars seem to be doing okay, but still a small sample size and only short term test. Throw out bearing and clutch are what is now keeping the input shaft from "wobbling". My 2 cents, the kit should have some sort of bushing or bearing custom fitted, but this will cause the cost of the product to go up. Most people find this extra cost for precaution unnecessary, because of it's track record so far. If it isn't broken don't fix it, but it is designed to have a bushing or bearing.

EkSean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP FC1
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m just gonna put this quote from Eman explaining why there’s no bushing or bearing.

“The factory flywheel does not use a bearing, a bushing is used and it does not do anything with regards to support, operation use or longevity, from experience these things usually over time fall off or heat up and seize on the input shaft and cause a ton of problems ask (spec). Also it’s the same bushing used in the older k series world which in all my experience from that platform dating back to 2007 has always been a issue as I described above.”
Sponsored