Type R Repair, what a dilemma

Civii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Honestly, just don't waste your time. People honestly think the message some of us are trying to convey here is: people are starving in United States, or that we're jealous of his Huracan.

Let him send his letter to the president of Honda, lmao.
Fixed that for you
Sponsored

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
After it sat for quite a long time, I was offered to pick it up. It was the choice of letting it sit there in the open or in my garage. I chose my garage.
Owner decided to take back his car before repairs could be completed, as is his legal right per the repair order he signed. The insurance company decided pay out the claim for the work that WAS completed and then they will do a claim adjustment when the parts become available, finishing the car at a later date. Happens all the time, usually due to extra repairs that need to be done like "now the radio doesn't work like it used to since the crash 3 months ago". No one screwed anyone here.

You think this is only CTR front bumpers? We have tons of parts that aren't showing up and it's not just Honda.

No one is keeping your car hostage here but you and your insurance company. You're having your attorney sending empty threats to the AHM President (lol btw) when you should be harassing your insurance adjuster instead. Clearly money isn't an issue with you and you want to drive the car, why haven't you bought an aftermarket CTR bumper and had it painted on your own? You could have been driving the car for months now for a couple hundred dollars and just sell the bumper when you are done.

Maybe that's too simple of a fix and "I pAiD mUh MoNey JuSt LiKe AnYoNe ElSe tHeY sHoUlD FiX iT uNaCcePtAbLe".

There is zero legal case here. Lemon law doesn't apply for collision damage, only for warranty claims/defective parts etc, they only need to keep parts in production for 10yrs, which they are, they just aren't in stock due to natural disaster. Your attorney will be happy to keep taking your money though. This is like complaining a restaurant is taking too long to seat you when they are busy, they will seat you, they have seats, just none are available right now, so you are upset and are now threatening legal action.
Ya, I get not wanting the car sitting at the shop and certainly understand that additional work beyond the initial repair is common.

My point all along here is the OP has no leverage with the insurance company. If the delay was costing the insurance company money, they would be advocating to get the necessary parts to settle the claim.

S7N57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Country flag
Over paying for a civic is one thing but not being able to get a bumper for a civic after 6 months is well um... ??

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Over paying for a civic is one thing but not being able to get a bumper for a civic after 6 months is well um... ??
Well, seeing as how the CTR bumper is one off from the rest of the Civic bumpers that's not hard to believe.

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
To answer a few questions:

What have I been driving, 2016 Huracan when the weather was nice, 2020 GLC when the weather sucks. I'm mobile, during immobile times, but doesn't change the fact my car is in the garage gathering dust for 6 months. It sucks.

Both insurance basically told me, tough luck deal with it, it's not their problem (apparently it's my problem... even though I didn't do anything wrong, and she's the one that broke numerous traffic laws and then hit me). They feel they did the part (pay for repairs). But the repairs aren't complete.
Dang BALLER!!!

joe3456789

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Doesn't matter what else I drive. I paid for this car too, someone damaged it, 6 months later I still can't drive it. My other car could be a Prius and it wouldnt change anything.
My mans got options!!! He still spent "HIS HARD EARNED MONEY"! If I had options and one of my cars were down, I'll be mad too!! People work hard for there stuff! NOW loan me 10mil hah.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
I had the same problem with my CTR at the body shop. They had to wait like 3 weeks to find a bumper, I'm not sure what he did to get it or where he got it from though.

Im still waiting for it to be finished, as of right now it's been in the shop for about 6 weeks ?

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I had the same problem with my CTR at the body shop. They had to wait like 3 weeks to find a bumper, I'm not sure what he did to get it or where he got it from though.

Im still waiting for it to be finished, as of right now it's been in the shop for about 6 weeks ?
Careful posting that here. Bunch of butt hurt people may try to make you feel bad for posting about your car issues on a car forum during a pAnDeMiC.

ManfromRI

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Careful posting that here. Bunch of butt hurt people may try to make you feel bad for posting about your car issues on a car forum during a pAnDeMiC.

Thanks. This is still a car forum right?? ?

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That truly sucks. If they can't fix it they need to fully cash you out- and put you in position to get a new one. Or at least a similar model year and mileage example. Glad to hear you have other wheels, but that does not change anything. They need to make this right.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
That truly sucks. If they can't fix it they need to fully cash you out- and put you in position to get a new one. Or at least a similar model year and mileage example. Glad to hear you have other wheels, but that does not change anything. They need to make this right.
Who is 'they'? Per the OP, the insurance company covered the repair costs (still not sure how this is done without a completed repair). The OP has no leverage with the insurance companies.

ScubaLou

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 2014 VFR800
Country flag
Throwing out my experience here.

Hit a deer in early November, needed new hood, bumper, passenger light, radiator and AC compressor. all parts on hand and installed in 2 weeks EXCEPT for the bumper. I stayed on their ass and kept getting the runaround, bumper was out of country, no known shipping updates etc... Eventually, after about 5 or 6 weeks total, they called me and said car was finished out of the blue, and I had talked to them 3 days prior and they had no ETA.

Rep at the body shop said they have some pull as the largest Honda dealer in PA (allegedly). Actually 3rd party body shop who owns the Honda, Acura, Porsche, Hyundai and other dealerships in the area, it wasn't at an actual dealership.

sucks to wait but glad it was resolved in a semi timely fashion.

Good luck to ya.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Lawyers are now involved so can't comment anymore. Turns out theirs quite a few laws that protect consumers here, even from something as crazy as a pandemic.

nm797

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R CW
Country flag
Anyone know how hard it would be to get a fender? I can’t imagine that’s going to be easy to find just like every other part as it’s type R specific

Masmackles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
This is great. If no one can get a fender - no one can get a fender????

It doesn't matter if OP drives a fucking horse and buggy. It doesn't matter how many lawyers you have involved. If the part doesn't exist it doesn't exist.

Fairly simple - We start from the bottom. OP can't get one, dealers can't get one, insurance can't get one. I would assume honda has been contacted at this point and THEY couldn't get one.

Unless this lawyer is also a fabrication expert - You're going to have to wait for the fender.

Edit: Taking cash for the part also fulfills the insurances obligation. I would suggest reading your insurance policy as there would be details outlined how they handle this.

Taking cash is as good as having the part contract wise. Aka your insurance has done everything they need to. Good luck tho.
Sponsored

Last edited: