Type R Repair, what a dilemma

onions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 992
Country flag
I don’t know man. Get some perspective. Covid is still affecting supply chains, people are still sick and dying. Not sure how the east coast is doing with overseas shipments but the port of Long Beach in Southern California is a mess right now. Container ships from China can’t dock to unload. You’re fortunate enough to still work and still have a set of wheels to drive that isn’t your R? I think you’re doing alright.
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
To answer a few questions:

What have I been driving, 2016 Huracan when the weather was nice, 2020 GLC when the weather sucks. I'm mobile, during immobile times, but doesn't change the fact my car is in the garage gathering dust for 6 months. It sucks.

Both insurance basically told me, tough luck deal with it, it's not their problem (apparently it's my problem... even though I didn't do anything wrong, and she's the one that broke numerous traffic laws and then hit me). They feel they did the part (pay for repairs). But the repairs aren't complete.
So you drive a Huracan, but want to complain about why your Civic isn't fixed yet when the answer is right in front of your face.

Is this a serious thread? You can't be serious.

Are you?

Totally can't be serious.

Just might actually be.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Doesn't matter what else I drive. I paid for this car too, someone damaged it, 6 months later I still can't drive it. My other car could be a Prius and it wouldnt change anything.
Dude ignore everyone in this thread crying about the Huracan. What's important here is that it's taking 6 months to get your daily driver fixed and has left it basically undrivable during that time which is crazy. Is there anyone higher up at Honda you could contact about this and try and get somewhere? Either that or spring for some aftermarket bumper but I'm not sure on the quality of those so you'd def have to do some research

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I'm not a lawyer, but in the US there's a federal law that covers the provenance of parts for 10 years from the date of purchase of a new vehicle. Failure to provide those parts for repairs, compensation is due (often the dealership buys the car back). Personally... i just want my car fixed.. and not wait X amount of time more (that's the biggest issue, can't get a single date, it's been like that for 6 months).

I'm all for being patient... but 6 month now with no date or idea when a part will/might be available. Everyone has their limits, and i think i have been playing nice for quite a long time...
We all get that it sucks. I'm sure everyone wishes you could get your parts.

The point is, perspective. You're problem just isn't anything but an issue someone who is very fortunate would even think to complain about. As my kids say "You got a first world problem."

Sure, their is a law you can turn to, but I bet you every lawyer and every court will simple look at you and say "Act of God". And simple say you are going to have to wait because an Act of God has prevented Honda from fulfilling their commitment to supplying parts.

Sure, you can argue that they could supply parts instead of completed cars. But then again, they often can't even supply completed cars due to COVID and Brexit. And of course, many of those cars have been promised to someone, who is waiting just as you have to wait.

I do wish you good luck in getting your parts. Its sucks you have to wait, but try to put it in perspective and instead be grateful you have other cars to drive, that you are not in a hospital on a respirator, that you (hopefully) have a job, that (hopefully) you haven't lost family, that (hopefully) you are not quarantined inside a 600 sqft apartment with 5 others. Count your blessings, don't dwell on your misfortunes.

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
What oe parts are you missing? I just pulled my ctr diagram and every part is available to order from Honda Canada, should be the same for Honda USA. Nothing is on back order

Volksparts

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR, 17 TRD Tacoma, 2017 Wrangler, 2020 Avalon
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What oe parts are you missing? I just pulled my ctr diagram and every part is available to order from Honda Canada, should be the same for Honda USA. Nothing is on back order
From what I have seen is a lot of the parts are available for order, but once you order you are then told it's on backorder. I was able to still get some parts on "critical back order" though sooner. I am assuming OP's dealer has already gone this route.

On another note OP this whole getting in an accident thing. Yeah it blows even if you werent at fault. I've been hit and totalled a few times in some of my cars. None of which were my fault. Yeah it sucks because ultimately even after repairs it's lost value. I have accepted it long ago that that's a risk if being out on the road. But, I think of the car as my life insurance. It saved my life and that is far more important.

Good luck with everything though OP. I have nothing but empathy for you.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Damn reading through this thread...good luck It is hard getting any parts from overseas right now with those Trump Tariffs. We cant even get GPU chips for computer hardware. its all back ordered

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
You guys need to take a chill pill - sounds like a bunch of salty people that are jealous.
If he was a single mother and his minivan was needing a part would you be complaining ?

He paid for the car. He paid for insurance. It's is a difficult time in the world - but he is still allowed to complain (even if he's worth as much as all of us combined lol).

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Maybe I should get one up here and ship it to you! Can't believe Canada gets more stock than USA.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
You guys need to take a chill pill - sounds like a bunch of salty people that are jealous.
If he was a single mother and his minivan was needing a part would you be complaining ?

He paid for the car. He paid for insurance. It's is a difficult time in the world - but he is still allowed to complain (even if he's worth as much as all of us combined lol).
He's not a single mother with a minivan needing a part.

It's clear he lacks much or any understanding, both with the things he's said and the world around him.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Bruh, don’t listen to these clowns. Your happiness and life is just as important as anyone else’s.

“yA kNoW tHeRe aRe sTaRvInG pEopLe aRoUnD tHe wOrLd wHo aRe sUfF....” STFU with that nonsense lmao.

Check with a lawyer that has expertise in this field and go from there. 6 months may fall under some law for unreasonable timeframe for repair.

All these idiots trying to make you feel bad for wanting to enjoy something you paid for that someone else messed it up. During a “Pandemic”. LoL

Last edited:

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
When I damaged my rear end and needed a new exhaust (sport HB) I talked to my insurance about getting an aftermarket exhaust instead (the 27won). They were cool with it as long as I installed it myself, because the shop refused to install aftermarket parts, and it was actually cheaper than OEM. It took some back and forth to get the OK, partly because they didn't understand what I was talking about.

OP
OP

TypeRonan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I'm surprised by the immaturity of some, then again after the last 4 years...:rolleyes: I don't need to justify myself, but I put in 15+ hours a day, 6 days a week for 10 years when I opened my manufacturing business. Cost me my social life and my marriage.

Now back on topic.

As for everyone else helping, thank you. Insurance will not pay out aftermarket parts for replacement (but will replace existing one, like the carbon fiber splitter that was damaged) and the mishimoto air/cooling management system.

I did another run of calling up places, and got the same 'national back order' i have been getting for 6 months. I just had my lawyer send a letter to Shinji Aoyama, the CEO of Honda America. Maybe that will get me somewhere but i am not holding my breath.

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm surprised by the immaturity of some, then again after the last 4 years...:rolleyes: I don't need to justify myself, but I put in 15+ hours a day, 6 days a week for 10 years when I opened my manufacturing business. Cost me my social life and my marriage.

Now back on topic.

As for everyone else helping, thank you. Insurance will not pay out aftermarket parts for replacement (but will replace existing one, like the carbon fiber splitter that was damaged) and the mishimoto air/cooling management system.

I did another run of calling up places, and got the same 'national back order' i have been getting for 6 months. I just had my lawyer send a letter to Shinji Aoyama, the CEO of Honda America. Maybe that will get me somewhere but i am not holding my breath.
It’s worth a try my man. Don’t let these nobodies tell you what should be important to you in life.