• Welcome to CivicXI.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Type R Record at the Ring?

Will the Type R take the record at Nurburgring before the reveal?

• Total voters

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Here's my thinking. The final drive ratio of the FL5 is taller than the FK8 which would potentially mean a higher top speed is possible. Counter to this, it has slightly smaller diameter tyres, which would reduce the top speed just a little, but this would also increase the torque output. Along with the additional power the engine now has aswell, these changes would assist the car to retain the acceleration rate of the FK8 while still having a slightly higher top speed. As a result we may see a decent change on the long straights where it can get to a higher speed than the FK8.

Then there's the handling which is seemingly improved as well of course. I'm thinking with these changes it can make a significant reduction in time, given the amount of high speed straights at the ring.
I just watched the FK8 record run again the other day.. It looked like the dude probably could knock some time off that with a better run.
Sponsored

TrackS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jordan 1
I just watched the FK8 record run again the other day.. It looked like the dude probably could knock some time off that with a better run.
Maybe, she's not around anymore unfortunately. It was a good run though I thought, but possible.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
Maybe, she's not around anymore unfortunately. It was a good run though I thought, but possible.
Who was the driver?!?

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
That '19 Lynk & Co 528hp FWD concept is a beast on the Nurg. 7:20....nuts.

Alas, for a FWD production car, I do think the Type R will take the trophy from the Megane.
I expect it to be their final marketing buzz along with power #s.

Tickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FL5
7:47.31

For the Golf R 20 years.. as a car that will be cross shoped with the CTR I found that interesting.

Z3N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK8 CTR
7:47.31

For the Golf R 20 years.. as a car that will be cross shoped with the CTR I found that interesting.

7:47:31...not bad, but not good enough! Power:weight ratio needs to be better; Golf R needs a diet!
Suspension is also key and the CTR has this dialed in so damn well...feel it every time I take her for some canyon sprints.

FL5ogger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Laser
I think if they were able to do it without adding much more power, it will be pretty tight. Probably 7:38 give or take a second.
This would be pretty remarkable. I remember the R35 GTR setting this time when first launched back in 2008.
Given it had about 70hp more per tonne than the current CTR it would have to be one hell of a lap!

Did they ever attempt the record in the LE?

ASIMO Assassin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing interesting right now
Did they ever attempt the record in the LE?
This is just speculation, but I think they did, and failed

They had it out there, and I was surprised when there was no announcement on a new time. However, the LE sold like hot-cakes, and Honda marketing probably figured it didn't matter if they beat the record. No real point to spend a bunch more money on a product that has already been sold out.

At the end of the day, as long as the new 2023 Type-R lays down a new record, it will enshrine the Type-R once again.
Sponsored