Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
Hey guys, I ordered a 2020 boost blue type r on may 31st 2020, it’s been 2 months now, called the dealer and they have no idea what’s going on with my order. Like is all the boost blue type r sold out? Or having issues allocating a car. Like They haven’t given me a vin number or even any information at all. I’m located in Ontario, Canada.
Sponsored

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey guys, I ordered a 2020 boost blue type r on may 31st 2020, it’s been 2 months now, called the dealer and they have no idea what’s going on with my order. Like is all the boost blue type r sold out? Or having issues allocating a car.
You ordered the car as the first batches were sold. I bought mine may 31s off the lot and was late compared to other 2020 owners. My car was built in february and landed on the lot 4 months later. I think they must have stopped for covid and the second batch isn't here yet, or they haven't built any at all and are being quiet about it.

OP
OP
Denuel

Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
You ordered the car as the first batches were sold. I bought mine may 31s off the lot and was late compared to other 2020 owners. My car was built in february and landed on the lot 4 months later. I think they must have stopped for covid and the second batch isn't here yet, or they haven't built any at all and are being quiet about it.
It’s weird cuz I ordered the car when they opened again for COVID because I was digging through news report how Swindon is now open since late March. Idk if they already sold the batches they had and waiting in line for mine. Apparently My dealer is getting 8 through out the year And I’m basically first in line because they haven’t sold any “apparently”. Idk if dealers can sell a carto another customer cuz we basically have no markups here. There’s some 2020 available here but they’re sold by private owned dealers that have 3k markup on them.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It’s weird cuz I ordered the car when they opened again for COVID because I was digging through news report how Swindon is now open since late March. Idk if they already sold the batches they had and waiting in line for mine. Apparently My dealer is getting 8 through out the year And I’m basically first in line because they haven’t sold any “apparently”. Idk if dealers can sell a carto another customer cuz we basically have no markups here. There’s some 2020 available here but they’re sold by private owned dealers that have 3k markup on them.
my dealer told me i was going to more than likely be the only r for a while. like they knew it wasnt going to be in stock again soon

OP
OP
Denuel

Denuel

First Name
Denuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type r
Country flag
my dealer told me i was going to more than likely be the only r for a while. like they knew it wasnt going to be in stock again soon
Guess who waiting till the end of winter. Really hope they’ll allocate me one. Or probably gonna opt out on 2019 if I have no hope of getting one

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
If you can, just wait for the 2020 you ordered. You'll be glad you did in the long term. Patience!

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The factory shut down during COVID. Honda announced it was reopening, they were resuming production but not playing catch up just finishing out the year.

Last edited:

trucke

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR; 2022 Civic Si; 1987 Corolla FX16 GT-S
Country flag
Someone on a FB FK8 forum stated that they work at the plant in Swindon. When they started back up in mid-June, Type R's were going to Europe because they have gotten any in 2020. US would be supplied after that. Might be September or October before they start arriving at US dealers.

arunto

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a 2020 Championship White on order. The production date was 7/20. It's en route to be here by the end of this month.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Hey guys, I ordered a 2020 boost blue type r on may 31st 2020, it’s been 2 months now, called the dealer and they have no idea what’s going on with my order. Like is all the boost blue type r sold out? Or having issues allocating a car. Like They haven’t given me a vin number or even any information at all. I’m located in Ontario, Canada.
Global pandemic impacting all supply chains may be a factor?

j_limitz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R - Championship White
Country flag
I ordered a CW on May 9th, i live in Toronto, i'm in the same boat as you are with no updates and no ETA. The only thing I was told is that Honda Canada accepted my sold order so I will get one.

My dealer asked if I wanted a CTR in black as someone postponed their order but I declined.

Keep in mind that production is for worldwide allocation so depending on which countries/orders are ahead.....it may be awhile longer unfortunately

CanadaCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R (CW)
Country flag
I am also from Canada and I ordered a 2020 CW Type R on July 4. I am told it will be arriving from the UK at Port Halifax on August 10, and then approximately 2 weeks to rail it to me out West. Maybe your car is on the same boat as mine? Your dealer should be able to tell you where it is at the moment - mine has been able to.

On the off chance that information isn't correct and it doesn't arrive until later in the Fall, I am going to change my order to 2021 because it will be no fun taking delivery right before Winter.

mb99

First Name
Magz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring
Country flag
Oh same here. I ordered beginning of June for a Boost Blue. No info yet, no ETA. The dealer also told me that they were told to no longer take any 2020 orders because it's on back-order now.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I order my 2019 and it took 12 weeks for delivery. I waited forever for anything from the dealer. Unfortunately everything is delayed by COVID. The day will come. Congratulations ?