Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Hahaha some people like him doesn’t understand capitalism like we do. We invest in stocks and grow portfolios while some whine and complain about it and sit on the sideline.

Apple stocks paid for my FK8 free and clear after grabbing a ton of shares after November 2016 election. How can I complain about free money that comes from putting it to work? LoL hi-five!!!
This shit you post is insufferable. I honestly view you as the raw embodiment of everything wrong with a 38k car targeted at a youthful segment.

Have some grace dude. Flaunting your good fortune around like some kind of twisted merit badge taints this whole forum with your arrogant pap.

Why not be successful quietly, or humbly, instead of jerking your wallet off with the internet. Nobody is impressed, it's just annoying.
Sponsored

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
This shit you post is insufferable. I honestly view you as the raw embodiment of everything wrong with a 38k car targeted at a youthful segment.

Have some grace dude. Flaunting your good fortune around like some kind of twisted merit badge taints this whole forum with your arrogant pap.

Why not be successful quietly, or humbly, instead of jerking your wallet off with the internet. Nobody is impressed, it's just annoying.
In psychology it is called the Dunning-Kruger effect. Should google it , interesting read. The ego centric bias, the over the top confidence, the self proclaimed intelligence. It explains people like that to a T.

Last edited:

ctrmofo

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 lambo lp550-2, '18 honda ctr cw (r-12321), 14' porsche cayman s, '16 porsche macan s, '13 mini jcw nme stage 1, '15 audi s3 apr stage 2, '15 audi q3, '12 monster 1100 evo, '16 triumph thruxton r, deposited for '19 lambo huracan performante
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

LOL...wasn't addressed to you or to impress you. read again about stocks value

enjoy...the internet loves to hate ;-)

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
Hahaha some people like him doesn’t understand capitalism like we do. We invest in stocks and grow portfolios while some whine and complain about it and sit on the sideline.

Apple stocks paid for my FK8 free and clear after grabbing a ton of shares after November 2016 election. How can I complain about free money that comes from putting it to work? LoL hi-five!!!
You just hi-fived a person who thinks a portfolio gain of 1.6% with at-risk money is good when the savings rate is 2.4% - no risk involved. Not only that investing in Honda is crappiest investment you could make -even if you invested at the bottom of 2008. Just saying.

Back to basics, just because you can afford $50k or its chump change for you doesn't make Type R a good value. Civic Si is a much better value. I would still like to own Type R one day but at that price AND having to deal with Honda's crappy dealers and service is a big turn-off. People can post about "critics/bloggers/reviewers" claiming it to be a good value, but they(reviewers) don't have to front their own cash. Plus companies and dealers go out of their way to make their experience hassle-free. That's not true for everyone. I was minutes away from buying an Si but just couldn't deal with add-ons and dealer experience. I texted Subaru dealership from Honda and got the price I wanted. If you really want to grow your "portfolio" with Honda investment , I would lobby them for dealer reform.

Last edited:
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 STI
Country flag
It's actually kind of funny to sit here and read comments about people saying that this car is totally worth the 3k price increase compared to day one.... yet, at the same time-since day one-have been crying and complaining about dealers charging a markup, saying "any type of markup is ridiculous"

Lol, people have no idea how to remain consistent.

Gunther

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46
Country flag
It's becoming a fashion statement. At this point, I'm seriously considering an STI as an alternative. I just know the instant I buy one, they're going to release one with a 380 hp FA20.

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
When'd this become the Type R hater's ball?

Type R depreciation is the best. It's what makes it a comparable/better buy over the Si if you can afford tying up the cash. Type R also has value over the Si if you enjoy driving. Otherwise, why not go buy a 7 year old Civic for the ultimate in "value".

chandlervt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Subaru WRX
Country flag
When'd this become the Type R hater's ball?

Type R depreciation is the best. It's what makes it a comparable/better buy over the Si if you can afford tying up the cash. Type R also has value over the Si if you enjoy driving. Otherwise, why not go buy a 7 year old Civic for the ultimate in "value".
Wrong on so many levels.

First of all - no one is "hating" on Type R. I am pretty sure everyone - inlcuding me and others who think Honda is making a mistake with price hikes - do like Type R for what it is and obviously its a better car than Si. Every one is talking about performance-price value proposition here - not strictly a financial one - so your 7 yr old civic comment is utterly ridiculous. More so because you never mention which civic. In general used cars are better financial decisions but that is again a different argument.

Si offers tremendous value - zippier in streets , great mpg on highways . I am sure no one is looking at mpg when it comes to Type R but what is the incremental value for the additional power, handling? . The sub $35k price-point was attractive on paper and competed well against StI considering the STI has AWD. Now with only a couple of hundred dollars difference - suddenly the price-point is not that attractive. To top it all, the dealer ADMs are going to remain the same. So Honda is just pricing itself out. Granted there are lot of buyers right now - but they are losing out on so many more because of the dealer nonsense and their own mistakes.

Honda will forever remain its own worst enemy. Honda just keeps forgetting what made their cars great. Even Acura lost all its mojo when it comes to sedans - its being floated by RDX and, to some extent, MDX. What happend to RSX, the TSX manual etc. They finally make one car which everyone is excited about and their strategy is - lets keep pushing the price and find out what people would not pay.

kevv_FK8

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R, 2022 Honda Pilot SE, 2013 Honda Civic
Country flag
It's becoming a fashion statement. At this point, I'm seriously considering an STI as an alternative. I just know the instant I buy one, they're going to release one with a 380 hp FA20.
:wave: don't forget to close the door behind you.

OP
OP
davemarco

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Wrong on so many levels.

First of all - no one is "hating" on Type R. I am pretty sure everyone - inlcuding me and others who think Honda is making a mistake with price hikes - do like Type R for what it is and obviously its a better car than Si. Every one is talking about performance-price value proposition here - not strictly a financial one - so your 7 yr old civic comment is utterly ridiculous. More so because you never mention which civic. In general used cars are better financial decisions but that is again a different argument.

Si offers tremendous value - zippier in streets , great mpg on highways . I am sure no one is looking at mpg when it comes to Type R but what is the incremental value for the additional power, handling? . The sub $35k price-point was attractive on paper and competed well against StI considering the STI has AWD. Now with only a couple of hundred dollars difference - suddenly the price-point is not that attractive. To top it all, the dealer ADMs are going to remain the same. So Honda is just pricing itself out. Granted there are lot of buyers right now - but they are losing out on so many more because of the dealer nonsense and their own mistakes.

Honda will forever remain its own worst enemy. Honda just keeps forgetting what made their cars great. Even Acura lost all its mojo when it comes to sedans - its being floated by RDX and, to some extent, MDX. What happend to RSX, the TSX manual etc. They finally make one car which everyone is excited about and their strategy is - lets keep pushing the price and find out what people would not pay.
I owned both - the SI is definitely not zippier in the streets. FWIW - with my general driving mix (about 65 - 70% highway), my tuned ‘17 SI got about 5.5 to 6 mpg more than the R. Stock, it was about an 9.5 to 10 mpg delta (but the SI was very lethargic stock - you need a tune to wake it up).

I can promise that Honda is not hurting themselves. Very few Type R’s sit on lots, and even if they did, no low volume car in the mid-30’s is designed to make a big profit. Its existence is solely to market Honda as a brand. They could sell them to dealers at cost and still achieve their goal for the model. Those dealers, in turn, could keep them as show room pieces indefinitely and still achieve their goals - enticing people into the showroom with a spectacle so that they can then sell them a Civic, CRV, or Accord.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.