Number 215

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Great posts. I think a couple of you are not getting that this is a challenge, not a way of life. It's just showing another reason why these type R's are so incredible, like the fact that it's a 4-door, that it has a ton of cargo room, that it has a bulletproof engine, that the seats are amazing, that it has many features, that it's so lightweight, AND that it's so good on gas, compared to the competition. This is just meant to be a fun challenge, to see just how much mileage we can squeeze out of these things.
Comfort mode definitely would help with MPG. I think of it as the ECO mode in other cars. When you step on the gas, it doesn't register as high a demand on the engine as when you have it in sport or +R where the gas pedal is much more sensitive to pumping more gas into the cylinders. Now, if you wanna haul ass in comfort, it does that too, you just have to press harder on the pedal :)
So, is anyone else up to the challenge out there ? Or do we already have our winner ?
Sponsored

MNEyeDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
I’m going to revive this thread.

This is over the over the past five days. 2019 Type R, 91 non-oxygenated fuel. Nitto Neo Gen 245 30 ZR20 90W XL tires with stock wheels; otherwise stock. Daily commuting to work (around 66 miles round-trip) and some errands thrown in.

41.96 mpg calculated (9.803 gallons) at fill up.

This was *definitely* trying for mileage. I don’t think I got over 65 mph the entire time, with most driving between 35 mph and 55 mph. Mostly flat terrain, but some hills (I live in a hilly city).

Sucked to let everyone pass, but I wanted to see what I could achieve for mileage. I don’t think I could do this again-not as much fun as “spirited” driving.
I did have one Charger blow past me one day-don’t know his speed, but it was fast!

Anyway, just gives an idea of what can be achieved mileage-wise!

Honda Civic 10th gen TYPE R MPG CHALLENGE !!! D0D6FAAD-C06A-48E4-9A45-A16CE4F474AB

Honda Civic 10th gen TYPE R MPG CHALLENGE !!! 30E00A71-B525-46F9-BD8D-96D14C838389

Mature Banana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
I’m going to revive this thread.

This is over the over the past five days. 2019 Type R, 91 non-oxygenated fuel. Nitto Neo Gen 245 30 ZR20 90W XL tires with stock wheels; otherwise stock. Daily commuting to work (around 66 miles round-trip) and some errands thrown in.

41.96 mpg calculated (9.803 gallons) at fill up.

This was *definitely* trying for mileage. I don’t think I got over 65 mph the entire time, with most driving between 35 mph and 55 mph. Mostly flat terrain, but some hills (I live in a hilly city).

Sucked to let everyone pass, but I wanted to see what I could achieve for mileage. I don’t think I could do this again-not as much fun as “spirited” driving.
I did have one Charger blow past me one day-don’t know his speed, but it was fast!

Anyway, just gives an idea of what can be achieved mileage-wise!

D0D6FAAD-C06A-48E4-9A45-A16CE4F474AB.jpeg

30E00A71-B525-46F9-BD8D-96D14C838389.jpeg
I see you kept your factory protective film on. That’s more impressive than the mileage....