Type R manufacture date to U.S. delivery?

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with the "manufacturer date" showing in the network computer at the Honda dealership? Mine is showing 9/4... based on this, anyone know when it might arrive?

Many thanks,
Steve
Sponsored

Delerou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R #20484
I was told by my dealer that mine is entering production on 9/12 and that it should it should be at their lot a month afterward, so mid October.

IceyD

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Champ White CTR 2018
Country flag
My dealership said mine is mid september proudction and mid november on the lot.

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I was told by my dealer that mine is entering production on 9/12 and that it should it should be at their lot a month afterward, so mid October.
Interesting, they told me the same timeline. Kinda hard to believe it's that fast but guess we'll find out, hehe. Thanks for the reply.

toddrhodes

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR #16979, '18 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My build date was 6/14 and I took delivery on 7/10. That said, even as of late June the dealer had no idea it was built, when it was going to get built, or anything, so just don't freak out if there's no information or even reverse information, Honda's logistics setup must not be the best.

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
My build date was 6/14 and I took delivery on 7/10. That said, even as of late June the dealer had no idea it was built, when it was going to get built, or anything, so just don't freak out if there's no information or even reverse information, Honda's logistics setup must not be the best.
Oh that's interesting.. the network computer at my dealer says 'manufacture date 9/4." Either way, good info - thanks!

Last edited:

Z06_Pilot

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP CTR #15484 | Corvette Z06's | Toyota Tundra #2, | Mini Cooper Countryman Works edition | Can-Am Spyder | Ducati X-Diavel
Country flag
mine was about 5 weeks from born date to arrival at the dealer. they were able to tell me when the car landed on shore in the US, and then about a week after that, when it was on a transporter in Maryland. The car arrived 3 days after that notification.

megaphone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR R-16412
Country flag
Mine had a build date of 5/14 and took delivery of it 6/24, so around 6 weeks!

jdmletreta

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Country flag
Same here.. my built date is 7/26 still no info from a hawaii dealership. Hopefully sooner than later

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
honestly, I think all those build dates are bogos! the "on lot" date might be real tho...to me all these Type R's are built already. Honda just needs to work out where and when a particular type are is heading. As long as the dealer have an arrival date, then they can tell the potential customer anything they want! example, Todd, how can the car be built and ship to the dealer in 26 days???? so take all these build dates with a grain of salt...as long as you guys get a CTR, it's all good!! :)

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
honestly, I think all those build dates are bogos! the "on lot" date might be real tho...to me all these Type R's are built already. Honda just needs to work out where and when a particular type are is heading. As long as the dealer have an arrival date, then they can tell the potential customer anything they want! example, Todd, how can the car be built and ship to the dealer in 26 days???? so take all these build dates with a grain of salt...as long as you guys get a CTR, it's all good!! :)
I can speak to your question to Todd a little bit. According to Honda in various YouTube factory tour vids, build time on a Type R is less than 1 day and at this time, the factory is producing 75 Type Rs per day. Transport (boat) time from the UK to the US is 10 days. Based on this, the 3-6 week delivery times post Honda's dealer network shared "build dates" shown in their computers all seem to correlate.

You may be right but as of yet, I haven't seen any evidence to support your line of thought. If you have some, please do share! Thanks.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
I can speak to your question to Todd a little bit. According to Honda in various YouTube factory tour vids, build time on a Type R is less than 1 day and at this time, the factory is producing 75 Type Rs per day. Transport (boat) time from the UK to the US is 10 days. Based on this, the 3-6 week delivery times post Honda's dealer network shared "build dates" shown in their computers all seem to correlate.

You may be right but as of yet, I haven't seen any evidence to support your line of thought. If you have some, please do share! Thanks.
it's all speculation on my end...nothing concrete