CTR_FTW

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #30909
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience with the TypeR LED amber sidemarker lights? i was going to order the JDM clear ones and saw they made a pair of clear sidemarker lights for like 1/3 of the price. Just wondering about the quality or if people like them that have them.
Sponsored

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone have any experience with the TypeR LED amber sidemarker lights? i was going to order the JDM clear ones and saw they made a pair of clear sidemarker lights for like 1/3 of the price. Just wondering about the quality or if people like them that have them.
Hey there!

I just installed these on my car last week. The clear/amber LEDs

They are awesome so far. We've had a little rain and I do not see any condensation inside.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Is there any trick to unplugging the headlight? Finding it a bit difficult.
No trick really, just make sure you're squeezing the release tab and give it a few wiggles. The drivers side may require you to unplug the ECU since the wire harness runs right over the headlight plug.

fk-eight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR R-35355/ 2021 SGP Accord Touring
Country flag
Here’s the OEM JDM Side markers. I also installed the Philips 194a. Looks like it’s white in the picture where it’s off. But it lights up amber, like the other picture.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R LED sidemarkers 6F4AAEAF-9839-488B-ACF9-23E143C03208

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R LED sidemarkers 157AFEAC-33B4-4CDD-BDCA-C297B7C6A321

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here’s the OEM JDM Side markers. I also installed the Philips 194a. Looks like it’s white in the picture where it’s off. But it lights up amber, like the other picture.

6F4AAEAF-9839-488B-ACF9-23E143C03208.jpeg

157AFEAC-33B4-4CDD-BDCA-C297B7C6A321.jpeg

I am going to need to get these. Do you have a link to both items? I am sure I can google it but yeah...

I had the Type R LED Side markers and man I LOVED THEM, however, we have received biblical amounts of rain the past few days in South Florida and they have ceased to work. They started by letting water in... I could see the condensation.. (Yet the back of the socket was completely dry...) I was able to rule out installation error.

They sent me a new replacement set, and the same thing happened within days. This time I even sealed off the socket so it was impossible for water to get in.... same thing... water entering in through the seal.

So sad... I really liked them.

So I will be getting the OEM JDM Side markers

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the TypeRLED clear/amber sidemarkers.

Very happy with them, and the price was great.
I've had them on a few months, and through our rainy weather in Vancouver, haven't had any issues with condensation

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am going to need to get these. Do you have a link to both items? I am sure I can google it but yeah...

I had the Type R LED Side markers and man I LOVED THEM, however, we have received biblical amounts of rain the past few days in South Florida and they have ceased to work. They started by letting water in... I could see the condensation.. (Yet the back of the socket was completely dry...) I was able to rule out installation error.

They sent me a new replacement set, and the same thing happened within days. This time I even sealed off the socket so it was impossible for water to get in.... same thing... water entering in through the seal.

So sad... I really liked them.

So I will be getting the OEM JDM Side markers
I can't remember which write up I followed when I installed mine, but I remember one of the key notes was that the angle at which the bulb socket locks in is different than OEM (it's at an angle), and if not done that way it would be susceptible to moisture getting in. If I recall correctly, there weren't any instructions with the sidemarkers, so I don't know how folks would know this :)

Radio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 CTR
Country flag
I can't remember which write up I followed when I installed mine, but I remember one of the key notes was that the angle at which the bulb socket locks in is different than OEM (it's at an angle), and if not done that way it would be susceptible to moisture getting in. If I recall correctly, there weren't any instructions with the sidemarkers, so I don't know how folks would know this :)
Dang can you by chance take any pictures? I'm getting led side markers soon and would love to have them installed correctly.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have tried both at a 90 degree and 45 degree angle..... both have allowed moisture inside.

I do appreciate the advice on this though.

I will note this: The socket is bone dry. (as well as the back side of the LED board) Only the clear lens has moisture.

Supastar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic

6F4AAEAF-9839-488B-ACF9-23E143C03208.jpeg

157AFEAC-33B4-4CDD-BDCA-C297B7C6A321.jpeg
Looks great, where u get them please?

Groundcontrol

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM CTR
Country flag
I have a weird issue with mine. The Depo ones will fit, but the TypeRLEDs and OEM JDM ones won't. There is not enough clearance to get them to fit in properly. It is almost like they didn't trim a piece of metal out so I went back to stock and then to the Depo ones. I haven't noticed any condensation. I was in the process of returning the JDM ones (and explaining the fit issues) when COVID hit and haven't heard anything from the vendor since.

Rayzorman1

I bleed Honda red.......
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Touring Hatchback, 2019 Type R. 2021 CRV Black Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

bri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2010 G37S
Country flag
https://www.amayama.com/en

put the part numbers in the search.
Thanks for this. There was a huge thread on the JDM/EDM clear sidemarkers, can't find it now. From what I can recall there were mixed messages about having to modify the socket. Any mod required for yours? Also someone else posted a link to Thailand version one on eBay that is half the price but the part number is different.
Sponsored