Type R lease numbers

pinmeuphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 350 F-sport
I'm curious to know if anyone here has leased the Type-R, as this is what I plan on doing when I can find one for MSRP. Dealers that I've spoken with say that they will lease the car, but they're not too willing to give numbers over the phone.

If anyone has leased and is willing to share numbers, what kind of money factor and residual are they using and what kind of payment were you able to negotiate?
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I tried to lease mine, but the dealer said it wasn't available. Maybe at my credit rating (704) it wasn't possible...but I'm not sure that had anything to do with it.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
They have to have something available.
It's possible. I was only looking at it to try and lower the monthly and spread out the finance. Turns out, they could finance the car up to 84 months!! I didn't go that route. I went 72, so the monthly was only a little more than a comparable lease would have been...based on how much it costs to lease a TLX.

gtolio

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 EP3 Si hatch, 2019 Civic Sport Hatch 6spd, 2017 Honda Ruckus
Country flag
84 months??? I thought 60 was bad, but that's probably what I'll be doing. The flipside is that if you have really good credit, you can probably get sub-3.0% and the interest isn't that bad anyway.

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
I wonder if a lease would be less than $350/mo.
If it was a regular car big 3 A plan and etc. with perfect credit score I'd say say $30k car $300/mo $40k car $400 and your number is realistic.

On a performance car I'd predict >$500 on a 3 year lease. The truth is no one wants to lease a performance car since you can track them and beat it up. Usually slow base models gets the best deals but I'm curious as well.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mine is $489. Money factor isn't all that good. I'm on vacation so I cannot look it up.

3 year lease / 12k a year (lowest available). Residual is 65%

I leased the car because I will only have this one 6 months or so. CW is due October or November.

*Edit Updated information. Back from vacation. MSRP $2500 down. I have a family member assuming my lease once the CW arrives.

@Gerothius777 Although I understand your viewpoint, see mine in the thread discussing Leasing vs. Buying that I commented on. This might help board members when considering leasing vs. buying.

Any questions about my lease, fire away!

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R lease numbers IMG_2919.JPG

Last edited:

hemiblas

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st, mustang v6, 99 cherokee, jk, jku
I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone has been purchased since anyone buying it now probably wants to keep it for life or at least plans on it. Since most have ADM I guess you could roll that into a lease, but that would just make the payments sky high. I was thinking about leasing a Focus RS before I saw the Type R, but decided against asking about it since the performance difference after a rolling start wasn't that much different according to what I read. The Type R however, is impressive.

OP
OP

pinmeuphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 350 F-sport
Mine is $485. Money factor isn't all that good. I'm on vacation so I cannot look it up.

3 year lease / 12k a year. I was hoping a 7,500/yr lease was available, but no.

I leased the car because I will only have this one 6 months or so. CW is due October or November.
Good to get some real numbers. What was the selling price if you don't mind sharing and what was the residual?

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
Leasing is like renting a house. No benefit for the renter/buyer besides to acquire something you can't afford.

Just wasting money on something that was never yours to own.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's possible. I was only looking at it to try and lower the monthly and spread out the finance. Turns out, they could finance the car up to 84 months!! I didn't go that route. I went 72, so the monthly was only a little more than a comparable lease would have been...based on how much it costs to lease a TLX.
72 months for a car??? Glad to know you didn't go 84 but damn.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'd be willing to bet that almost everyone has been purchased since anyone buying it now probably wants to keep it for life or at least plans on it. Since most have ADM I guess you could roll that into a lease, but that would just make the payments sky high. I was thinking about leasing a Focus RS before I saw the Type R, but decided against asking about it since the performance difference after a rolling start wasn't that much different according to what I read. The Type R however, is impressive.
Holy crap poor financial outlook.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
Mine is $485. Money factor isn't all that good. I'm on vacation so I cannot look it up.

3 year lease / 12k a year. I was hoping a 7,500/yr lease was available, but no.

The money factor your right is not good, Honda is not offering any special rates on it, I was quoted 5% interest on the car at a 64% residual I believe for 36 months. Did you give a down payment if so how much I'm looking to go this route.

OP
OP

pinmeuphere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 350 F-sport
The money factor your right is not good, Honda is not offering any special rates on it, I was quoted 5% interest on the car at a 64% residual I believe for 36 months. Did you give a down payment if so how much I'm looking to go this route.
64% residual is quite good. I was afraid Honda would do what BMW is doing with M2 leases which is setting the residual very low so payments are high, at or above M3/4 payment.

ZdH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ACURA TSX Superchrged, 2010 Honda Accord, 1999 Honda Accord
Country flag
64% residual is quite good. I was afraid Honda would do what BMW is doing with M2 leases which is setting the residual very low so payments are high, at or above M3/4 payment.
In general though BMW's have some of the worst residuals which is why they require a lot of money down typically for a lease. The fact that the M2 is what it is in my opinion would make it higher.

True Story

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lexus IS350 F Sport
64% residual sounds about right.

Standard money factor is .00192, or an interest rate of 4.6%.

With lease and dealer fees paid out of pocket, the payment is $497 per month (CA sales tax included in the payment) on a selling price of $35,000.
Sponsored