Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I have heard really good things about Mishimoto as well?
I personally wouldn't run the Mishimoto for a few reasons.
1. Way too large and blocks airflow to radiator
2. Increases turbo lag
3. Better and lighter options available
Sponsored

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I personally wouldn't run the Mishimoto for a few reasons.
1. Way too large and blocks airflow to radiator
2. Increases turbo lag
3. Better and lighter options available
What about Perrin?

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
What about Perrin?
I haven't been in a car with the Perrin but also looks a bit too large and heavy IMO. Their results are a bit inflated too. If I were looking at a bar and plate intercooler I would definitely buy the PWR without hesitation. PRL and GReddy would be my second choice.

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
I haven't been in a car with the Perrin but also looks a bit too large and heavy IMO. Their results are a bit inflated too. If I were looking at a bar and plate intercooler I would definitely buy the PWR without hesitation. PRL and GReddy would be my second choice.
That price is why i never heard of anyone running it lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Intercooler C93D4030-8D74-4B33-B96B-969F90293794

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
That's AUD. It retails for around 915 USD plus shipping.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's AUD. It retails for around 915 USD plus shipping.
Oh interesting...

Pretty sure these are not available here in the US. As such there would be import taxes for the buyer and exporter..... :(

Edit:

This looks like a PRL

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Oh interesting...

Pretty sure these are not available here in the US. As such there would be import taxes for the buyer and exporter..... :(
I messaged them about their racing radiator and they can ship to US. Not sure about import taxes though.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messaged them about their racing radiator and they can ship to US. Not sure about import taxes though.

IF they sell it to you for exactly 800 USD there are no import duties for the buyer. I cannot speak to the exporter...

Our import tax is usually 3% so if it costs us 950 dollars (not including shipping) It's an extra 38 dollars.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I didn't look at weight, but in terms of size (core dimensions), I'm not sure if Perrin's is super big.
  • Perrin: 26.0 x 8.50 x 3.15 -> 696 cu in, 221 sq in
  • PRL: 26.5 x 7.25 x 3.5 -> 672 cu in, 192 sq in
  • HKS: 27.36 x 7.00 x 3.94 -> 754 cu in, 192 sq in
  • Greddy (Small): 23.62 x 9.76 x 2.60 -> 599 cu in, 231 sq in
  • Greddy (Large): 23.62 x 11.18 x 2.60 -> 686 cu in, 264 sq in
  • Mishimoto: 28.0 x 7.6 x 4.7 -> 1000 cu in, 213 sq in
I had to covert the HKS and Greddy core dimensions from mm to in using Google (so the numbers are rounded to 2 decimals).
  • In terms of total volume: Greddy (Small) < PRL < Greddy (Large) < Perrin < HKS < Mishimoto.
  • In terms of frontal area (what would be blocking the radiator): PRL = HKS < Mishimoto < Perrin < Greddy (Small) < Greddy (Large).
  • In terms of thickness: Greddy (Small) = Greddy (Large) < Perrin < PRL < HKS < Mishimoto
I'd probably consider the Perrin middle-of-the-pack in terms of size (both volume and area). I do know that Perrin touts itself as being one of the thinner cores which they claim would lead to more efficient cooling, though they're also beat out by Greddy in that department which causes them to run middle-of-the-pack there too (ironically). The Mishimoto has a fairly small frontal surface area but is super thick which leads to huge volume.

Edit: I tried a couple hits on Google to get the dimensions of the PWR intercooler but didn't have much luck unfortunately.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I didn't look at weight, but in terms of size (core dimensions), I'm not sure if Perrin's is super big.
  • Perrin: 26.0 x 8.50 x 3.15 -> 696 cu in, 221 sq in
  • PRL: 26.5 x 7.25 x 3.5 -> 672 cu in, 192 sq in
  • HKS: 27.36 x 7.00 x 3.94 -> 754 cu in, 192 sq in
  • Greddy (Small): 23.62 x 9.76 x 2.60 -> 599 cu in, 231 sq in
  • Greddy (Large): 23.62 x 11.18 x 2.60 -> 686 cu in, 264 sq in
  • Mishimoto: 28.0 x 7.6 x 4.7 -> 1000 cu in, 213 sq in
I had to covert the HKS and Greddy core dimensions from mm to in using Google (so the numbers are rounded to 2 decimals).
  • In terms of total volume: Greddy (Small) < PRL < Greddy (Large) < Perrin < HKS < Mishimoto.
  • In terms of frontal area (what would be blocking the radiator): PRL = HKS < Mishimoto < Perrin < Greddy (Small) < Greddy (Large).
  • In terms of thickness: Greddy (Small) = Greddy (Large) < Perrin < PRL < HKS < Mishimoto
I'd probably consider the Perrin middle-of-the-pack in terms of size (both volume and area). I do know that Perrin touts itself as being one of the thinner cores which they claim would lead to more efficient cooling, though they're also beat out by Greddy in that department which causes them to run middle-of-the-pack there too (ironically). The Mishimoto has a fairly small frontal surface area but is super thick which leads to huge volume.

Edit: I tried a couple hits on Google to get the dimensions of the PWR intercooler but didn't have much luck unfortunately.
Size is only part of the equation. Based on previous products, PWR, HKS, GReddy, and PRL have proven to design and produce high quality cores. I went with HKS personally because of the tube and fin design. I wanted as much air possible to flow through to the radiator so I don't over heat on the track.

I would safely assume that PWR would be the best tube and fin option on the market given their race pedigree with F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, etc.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Size is only part of the equation. Based on previous products, PWR, HKS, GReddy, and PRL have proven to design and produce high quality cores. I went with HKS personally because of the tube and fin design. I wanted as much air possible to flow through to the radiator so I don't over heat on the track.

I would safely assume that PWR would be the best tube and fin option on the market given their race pedigree with F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, etc.

I do not track.... However, I went with PRL because I live in Florida....

After driving a little bit to go to Publix, my car is incredibly heat soaked once I get in my car. After driving for a short while I can do amazing 30-50 mph pulls! (this is completely a joke lol)

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I do not track.... However, I went with PRL because I live in Florida....

After driving a little bit to go to Publix, my car is incredibly heat soaked once I get in my car. After driving for a short while I can do amazing 30-50 mph pulls! (this is completely a joke lol)
Bar and plate intercooler might benefit you more than a tube and fin. Bar and plate takes longer to soak but don’t expel the heat as quickly as a tube and fin at speed. I’ve had good results with my HKS though. I’ve let it heat soak up to 130F and after cruising on the highway have it drop to 78F ambient temp that day was 60F