First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Wh
Exacly!, thats my point, thats why I'm doing a loot a insulation test, and fortunately with very positive results!!
Here some pictures, We currently have tow mayor problems, one is front mount turbo, the other big problem is the way the engine extract all the heat from the radiator, that hot air blowing from the radiator fans make all the intake hoses literally boil it!.

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5030.JPG

IMG_5032.JPG

IMG_E4918.JPG
Where did you get that material from? I've always used the Mishimoto Gold tape but that looks so much thicker

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Didn't notice any pressure drop or increased turbo lag after install. I am still hitting 25/26 psi on WOT (same i was getting before the install) and i noticed it pulls harder in the top end with just the intercooler swap out. Im sure the larger pipes/inlet size on the intercooler help with the air flow and got rid of the last bottle neck on the intake side and most of it is gone on the exhaust side for me after the downpipe replacement. Now i just need to pick an exhaust and ill be done for a while and i can throw it on the dyno again to see where i ended up after all my parts.
Did you ever get it on a Dyno? The ECU in the Type R without a tune nets almost zero gains with any bolt on's.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Did you ever get it on a Dyno? The ECU in the Type R without a tune nets almost zero gains with any bolt on's.
If I ever got it on a Dyno? well would be like 12 times lol ( I'm a tuner ) . All cooling mods won't gave you any gains, is just for keep the power more consistent due the heat soak.

Bolts on with stock ECU won't give you more power, but will reach quickly to the torque target and the car will be more responsive and noticeable faster, you can see some gains in the middle range, minimum but noticeable.

Timmylee

First Name
Timmylee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fk8
Country flag
Which one bigger than oem 10% ?
I don't want too big