First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q8, Honda Civic Type R Gt
Country flag
Hello All,

I recently purchased a Type R from new. Second day of driving it I notice the gears won’t as smooth as the one I test drove at the dealer before the my purchase.

I started looking online for answer and I noticed this common issue with the transmission, since I noticed gear 1-2 is knocking. I called and reported with the dealer however I was told I had Hit 500miles before they’ll even book it for test.

not sure how to handle this!
Thanks
Sponsored

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Ive noticed that if your just a bit slower with your lower rev shifts it works perfect also when the car is cold or not fully up to temp and im in a hurry ive noticed it happens. But so far so good for me other than that.

Rustlinjimmies

First Name
Meh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
others type r owners have said with time and mileage that this issue was occurring a lot less frequently but im sure being in your shoes buying a brand new car youd expect this all to be working just fine so im sure that is frustrating for you

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ive noticed that if your just a bit slower with your lower rev shifts it works perfect also when the car is cold or not fully up to temp and im in a hurry ive noticed it happens. But so far so good for me other than that.
I guess! But then again I thought this was a performance car. I drive a 4x4 as a everyday car and wanted this as a thrill car. Something to remind my of my youth ? really not happy with it atm.

OP
OP
Hugo

Hugo

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Go easy on it, keep driving it, and once you hit about 3000 miles try adjusting the clutch pedal to remove slack. That helped my transmission feel greatly.
I might actually use my right under consumer act to ask for a like for like change. God bless the queen ? ?

Hoobastnk90

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
well for some odd reason it shifts really well when your shifting at the higher rpms lol so go figure. Ive tracked this car a few times so far and generally shift quickly through the gears while down shifting and upshifting and usually its buttery smooth

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
"You got a Race car drive it like a Race car". A dialogue from Ford vs Ferrari movie when a person brings in his Morgan :p.

Just take it dealer may be clutch pedal needs to be adjusted as I have seen lot of civics which were improperly adjusted from factory
Sponsored