Type-r front Subframe brace

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Once installed, can you just put the plastic under body panels back on and do they fit like they did before the install?
Can someone who installed this comment please? I want to retain all the under body plastic.

So the Type R swaybar aluminum endlinks also fit our SIs? Wonder what else.

OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup. That’s where I’m looking and no threaded hole. Just a hole. That sucks....
That's weird , but i think the sedan ex with the 2.0 engine has a different subframe VS the sedans with the 1.5t engines.If the holes aren't used for reaching into other bolts you could put in a rivnut and still install the brace.No welding required.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can someone who installed this comment please? I want to retain all the under body plastic.

So the Type R swaybar aluminum endlinks also fit our SIs? Wonder what else.
Under body plastic install just like before.
Type r end links might fit but most likely Will have a different length.

hawk02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
TypeR and accord sport end links fit and are the same length just steel for the R and aluminum for the accord

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
That sucks. I think I would look into tapping the holes before I’d weld it.

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
If anyone is near Los Angeles 91406, I’ll give you mine. I don’t have the threaded hole where the bolt is supposed to go. I don’t wanna ship. Thanks

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
If anyone is near Los Angeles 91406, I’ll give you mine. I don’t have the threaded hole where the bolt is supposed to go. I don’t wanna ship. Thanks
I'm local, 90031

503Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Mine finally shipped! Should be here Monday
Where did you order from that had it in stock? I ordered from College Hills Honda and it has been processing and backordered for the past 2 weeks. Lol definitely want to see if i can get it before it starts raining again here in Portland.

Cscott_xGen

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Where did you order from that had it in stock? I ordered from College Hills Honda and it has been processing and backordered for the past 2 weeks. Lol definitely want to see if i can get it before it starts raining again here in Portland.

mine is also on back order. The honda I ordered from stated the 29th

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
mine is also on back order. The honda I ordered from stated the 29th

Mine has been back ordered for over a month - if you can contact them and give them a TypeR VIN, you will take priority as well, I don't have that so mine is pushed back, but no hurries it's cheap and paid for so just looking forward to it when it does finally arrive as I'm locked in at the cheap price;-)

503Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WOP Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been back ordered for over a month - if you can contact them and give them a TypeR VIN, you will take priority as well, I don't have that so mine is pushed back, but no hurries it's cheap and paid for so just looking forward to it when it does finally arrive as I'm locked in at the cheap price;-)
Thats what the people waiting for the type r rear sway bar said too and Honda refunded them all and raised the price. Hoping this isnt another one of those. They have mine on pending sale so they wont officially run my card until it is in stock again. But yeah i have an Si so no type r vin for me

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Thats what the people waiting for the type r rear sway bar said too and Honda refunded them all and raised the price. Hoping this isnt another one of those. They have mine on pending sale so they wont officially run my card until it is in stock again. But yeah i have an Si so no type r vin for me
They charged my card as it showed online that was as in stock, it’s why I went with the vendor I went with, then 2 days later they contacted me and let me know it wasn’t in stock. Oh well not a huge improvement and won’t install till I do the upper toe bar at the same time and haven’t even chose which one I want yet so...
Sponsored