Type-r front Subframe brace

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Great. Thank you guys! I’ll grab these items next week. I’m guessing we can do this installation ourselves with maybe a pair of home car ramps?
Sponsored

Last edited:

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Has anyone bolted this on a ex sedan? I can’t locate a threaded bolt in that location...

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
That’s what I meant, the actual hole. I have the bolts. From the pictures in this thread the hole location isn’t threaded.

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Anyone received theirs lately? I ordered one a few weeks ago and was told they're out of stock and they don't know when they'll get stock again. Checking a few parts suppliers they're definitely all out of stock!

I wonder if any other chassis bracing for the Type R like this exists that would fit on our SI's

CyberCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Just installed on 17 si sedan. Pretty easy but you have to remove most of the mid body under covers.

Also get the bolts from Honda - they dont carry bolts like these at hardware stores.
Once installed, can you just put the plastic under body panels back on and do they fit like they did before the install?

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone received theirs lately? I ordered one a few weeks ago and was told they're out of stock and they don't know when they'll get stock again. Checking a few parts suppliers they're definitely all out of stock!

I wonder if any other chassis bracing for the Type R like this exists that would fit on our SI's
Took a solid two and a half weeks to get mine...seems to be popular

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Mine has been bought and paid for around 2 1/2 weeks as well, they said Wednesday in an update they still don’t have an estimated arrival date I just kept the order in though, will be a surprise when Jr shows up at my door:)

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
Since my car doesn’t have the threaded holes can I just have it welded in place?

USPmatch

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI sedan
Country flag
If you weld that it’s going to make it and the subframe rust faster unless you repaint it after the welds.
Did you try to put a bolt in and thread it in, or did you just look at it and could t see the threads? Mine didn’t look threaded but they were.

socal818

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic sport
Country flag
I put the entire bolt in the hole and it just floated in there...twisted it and turned it and there was nothing catching. I was under there for a good 30 minutes trying and pissed off.
Sponsored