Type-r front Subframe brace

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Looking at the install pictures of the subframe brace, some people detach the front end of the plastic bottom cover, others detach the rear end. Which way is better? (easier, faster, etc)
Whichever end of the car you feel like jacking up. Did this when I did my catback, so the rear was already detached. Can't imagine it'll make a huge difference in time/effort on which end you start from.
Sponsored

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Just ordered from hondapartshq.com. Used code rm10sd to save $10 on shipping. Total for me was $21.73. I've used this site previously to order my spare tire kit, I was happy with that transaction so I went with them again.

1587570631202.png
Just ordered mine and I can confirm that the discount code still works.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Why not try to tap the holes? If the hopes are there just get a tap and die set or borrow one from a buddy? The hard part is done already
it won't be possible, subframe holes are bigger than the provided bolts and if you get bigger bolts they won't fit the holes on the brace, so need to enlarge those... simply not worth the hassle in my opinion

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So did the install today, I recommend raising up the car as high as you feel comfortable doing because it's tight working with the plastic underframe cover still partially attached. The hardest part for me was getting the bolts started properly in the holes. Meant to take a picture, but already had the cover back on when I remembered and didn't want to have to take it off again lol. I haven't driven the car yet, so I can't report on any difference in the way the car handles/feels.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So did the install today, I recommend raising up the car as high as you feel comfortable doing because it's tight working with the plastic underframe cover still partially attached. The hardest part for me was getting the bolts started properly in the holes. Meant to take a picture, but already had the cover back on when I remembered and didn't want to have to take it off again lol. I haven't driven the car yet, so I can't report on any difference in the way the car handles/feels.
Can't really say that it made a difference but I'm not driving on any roads were I can really test the handling. Still, for the price it was worth it.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
The Ultra Racing 3-point mid-brace in conjunction with the CTR Brace on my Si fits perfectly :)

https://unity-performance.com/colle...-lower-cross-member-3-points-2016-honda-civic

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 1603750418616

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 1603750465501

Using the below information sheet from Honda, my take on this additional brace is that Honda clearly saw advantages to bridging the subframe, and Ultra Racing took it one step further by bridging the center tunnel and subfram. It's hard for me to accurately say how much it improved because as you can see I'm not short on chassis and suspension upgrades, but I can say the sum of all chassis and suspension modifications to my Si have made it an absolute weapon on the street and track.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 1603750961745

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hondanickx

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well as this thread started with me finding something ,i think i'm the only one who still hasn't installed the brace ?:oops:.I ordered the bolts a long time ago ,but wanted to make my own brace that is beefier then the stock type R unit.Think i might just buy the type R one and install that ?
Thanks to everyone who installed the brace and confirmed that it fits!

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I picked mine up on Friday and can't wait till Wednesday when I install it(a long w accord r endlinks).

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Ordering! I love upgrades like this, cost effective and neat

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Just ordered from hondapartshq.com. Used code rm10sd to save $10 on shipping. Total for me was $21.73. I've used this site previously to order my spare tire kit, I was happy with that transaction so I went with them again.

1587570631202.png
Just ordered mine and I can confirm that the discount code still works.
Just saw this thread and ordered the parts. Thanks for the part numbers and can confirm the discount code still works ;). **edit** fixed my quotes.

Last edited:

samguy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I did not have a lift so took to my mechanic to install. FYI, he said if I had done it at oil change he just would have slapped it on then for no charge.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I did not have a lift so took to my mechanic to install. FYI, he said if I had done it at oil change he just would have slapped it on then for no charge.
I got a jack and hand tools to do this myself. I am probably gonna curse up a storm to get the underbody cover off since I have underglow zip tied to mine haha. Oh well!
Sponsored