Type-r front Subframe brace

ddood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 VTI-LX
Country flag
Anybody from Australia installed the brace?

Just tried on my 2016 VTI-LX (1.5T) and the holes are not threaded. It turns out our Civics (from Thailand) have a different subframe to the ones from the U.S.
Sponsored

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
I installed it on my Europe '19 Civic X sedan 1.5 MT.
The CTR brace is bolted only to the sub-frame. Bolts don't go up into the car chassis. Hence it has less effect. A brace like Spoon or Cusco that attaches frame to chassis also would provide better effects in theory.

With CTR brace there is a small improvement however. Sub-frame being more rigid you get perceivable better feedback in the corners. Meaning the car is less wobbly - you turn the steering and you feel more precisely/faster "where" the wheels are(that progressive increased resistance in the steering wheel). Also the car reacts a bit better to the direction changes. Body roll is also slightly improved.
The downside of this modification is that the very small bumps are felt a bit more inside the cabin.
Is as if the car "reads" them better. Kind of similar to Bmw. For medium/bigger bumps there is no notable change.

So overall satisfied despite the minor loss of comfort over v small bumps/road irregularities.

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
I got a jack and hand tools to do this myself. I am probably gonna curse up a storm to get the underbody cover off since I have underglow zip tied to mine haha. Oh well!
I'll be installing the XKGLOW kit, but i won't need to remove the bottom cover at all. I managed to fish the cable from a gromet under the rear seat, so on both sides i prepared a wire below without any drilling required. the tubes are plug in so if bottom cover needs to he removed in future just unplugs. Thats the best part of these tubes, they come in 12 and 24 inch sections so if you damage them they can be basically hot-swapped without effort

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I'll be installing the XKGLOW kit, but i won't need to remove the bottom cover at all. I managed to fish the cable from a gromet under the rear seat, so on both sides i prepared a wire below without any drilling required. the tubes are plug in so if bottom cover needs to he removed in future just unplugs. Thats the best part of these tubes, they come in 12 and 24 inch sections so if you damage them they can be basically hot-swapped without effort
That's pretty awesome! The one I got was KOJRO on amazon. Link Below.

Amazon.com: KORJO Car Underglow Lights, 6 Pcs Bluetooth Led Strip Lights with Dream Color Chasing, APP Control 12V 300 LEDs Underbody Lights, Waterproof Underglow Led Light Kit for Cars, Trucks, Boats : Automotive

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
It works.
Cost ne like 20 bucks

tonton81

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
here is how i fished the wire under the car for the sides from the rear seat.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 20211004_191354

i worked on the rear tires first last night but it got dark, here is a pic of 1 tire section lit up, without the tubes installed yet, just one rock light to light up the wheel well area to blend it into the side tubes later ?

PS: ignore the bright turquoise blue, my samsung phone sees that but in reality the area is uniformally same glow as the ground
Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 20211004_195254

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 20211004_195309

Honda Civic 10th gen Type-r front Subframe brace 20211004_195303

Last edited:

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
*** verified - fits 19’ civic SI bought in USA — also verified — lame mod, Does nothing

Da5hi30i2d

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic ex hatchback hpf edition
Country flag
2019 Hatchback EX CVT - confirmed it works on this model. I have a sirimoto front strut bar and the whiteline rear swaybar. Don’t expect much from the mod, but for $20 and solid piece of hardware that normally goes on CTR will see…

Awdfk8machinist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 integra GSR, 93 Civic Hatch,
Country flag
Anyone have any pics of the front subframe dropped off of the car?
Sponsored