ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
Mine was on backorder when I ordered it. Then it just randomly showed up one day without warning. So far so good with holding up.
Sponsored

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
Same here. Back ordered but it arrived 2 weeks after. It's only been 4 days but the lip is holding strong

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
Not sure if to get v1 splitter from aeroflow or try this type r lip on my sport touring.
Have v1 sideskirts and v2 diffuser so leaning towards AF a bit but love how the type r lip looks too (car is Black)

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if to get v1 splitter from aeroflow or try this type r lip on my sport touring.
Have v1 sideskirts and v2 diffuser so leaning towards AF a bit but love how the type r lip looks too (car is Black)
If you go Type R lip you will save like $200, that doesn't happen often with factory parts.

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
No doubt it looks good on a black car but just be wary about the gaps. I'll post up some pictures soon showing all the gapage

steviiee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Took the plunge and installed the lip. Looks amazing on black... at some angles. We should have each color in this thread. We have white, green and black.

20171022_113043.jpg
20171022_113605.jpg
I like your license plate mount. Did you drill any holes and where did you buy it from?

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I like your license plate mount. Did you drill any holes and where did you buy it from?
That part you see in that photo are two "L" brackets from home depot painted black. I used path screws to attach them to the honey comb mesh. I then bought a side mount bracket from eBay for $5. It is an angled piece of metal that attaches to the license plate. The plate bracket attaches to the "L" bracket.

Picture for reference

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 20171024_192958

Havnfun

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
I'm going to try this mod too for my EX Hatch and what I'm thinking is to just find center point of the splitter and take out 2-3" from the middle and take it to a auto repair shop to have them plastic weld it back together again from the inside. It's all over the internet how to do this. It's kind of like a soldering iron that pressed into the back of the plastic and put some wiremesh and then they put a bead of the same material plastic on top of that and smear it all from the back it's welded back together .
This way all you have is a very fine line down the center of the splitter but on both ends you could trim off to fit the concave of the sides of the bumper and the side lips would fit like they supposed to and not have that gap on each end. I'm on the East Coast and about to order the part soon and will take photos in case this works out .

Donuyen18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda s2000
Country flag
I'm going to try this mod too for my EX Hatch and what I'm thinking is to just find center point of the splitter and take out 2-3" from the middle and take it to a auto repair shop to have them plastic weld it back together again from the inside. It's all over the internet how to do this. It's kind of like a soldering iron that pressed into the back of the plastic and put some wiremesh and then they put a bead of the same material plastic on top of that and smear it all from the back it's welded back together .
This way all you have is a very fine line down the center of the splitter but on both ends you could trim off to fit the concave of the sides of the bumper and the side lips would fit like they supposed to and not have that gap on each end. I'm on the East Coast and about to order the part soon and will take photos in case this works out .
Post up pics when you're done. I may have to try it

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Nice. Now someone should try to swap the lower rear spoiler/diffuser area on the HB sports to the diffusers on the Type R. Maybe it'll be a easier swap since it doesn't seem like the rear bumper is wider than the regular HBs?

jasonxu2017

First Name
peng
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
touring
can you send more pictures for the gap? because I ready to buy. thank you your pictures.

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Read the whole thread. There are several pics that show the gap. It looks like 1 inch or less. When ever you are trying to clone something you first look at what you're trying to clone in detail. Here is an actual typeR with simular gap. The gap is supposed to be there. You don't fill it unless you want it to look wrong.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R front lip 116j0x3

can you send more pictures for the gap? because I ready to buy. thank you your pictures.

Last edited: