Type R for sale question

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I’m buying a new 2021 Civic Type R for 2000 under MSRP...

For around 36k before taxes licensing fees...

So sell it fast if someone takes that price
Curious to see what your "fees" wind up being.
Sponsored

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Curious to see what your "fees" wind up being.
Not unheard of I got my 2019 for 35750 and no shenanigans. If you're willing to travel, deals can be found. In my case I flew to Louisiana from Houston and drove it home. Saved 6k over buying the car 300 miles from the dealership I went to, by my house.

Was very fun driving up in my new car to that dealership to get some touch up paint though. "Why yes it IS the exact same car! Yes, I bought it from somewhere else for the price I asked you for initially and you told me I was crazy etc. - go figure!"

LOL

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
Not unheard of I got my 2019 for 35750 and no shenanigans. If you're willing to travel, deals can be found. In my case I flew to Louisiana from Houston and drove it home. Saved 6k over buying the car 300 miles from the dealership I went to, by my house.

Was very fun driving up in my new car to that dealership to get some touch up paint though. "Why yes it IS the exact same car! Yes, I bought it from somewhere else for the price I asked you for initially and you told me I was crazy etc. - go figure!"

LOL
Yeah that was fairly common for 2019's. Extremely rare for 2020+'s. Or really any desireable new cars this year.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
@deewag I’ll keep you all posted I have 3 within a five hundred mile radius under MSRP at the moment.

If they try any monkey business I will just walk away and I will buy from another dealer or get a WRX STi for invoice.

I prefer a hatch the only reason I’m not buying the Subaru first.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
@deewag I’ll keep you all posted I have 3 within a five hundred mile radius under MSRP at the moment.

If they try any monkey business I will just walk away and I will buy from another dealer or get a WRX STi for invoice.

Hey bud all for walking if the deal is bad, but don't talk crazy and get a WRX / STi - get a Type R they are infinitely better. (I had an STi) If you're going that route at least wait until the new ones come out - that 15 year old engine they still use sucks ass and WILL fail you. (ask me how I know)

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Hey bud all for walking if the deal is bad, but don't talk crazy and get a WRX / STi - get a Type R they are infinitely better. (I had an STi) If you're going that route at least wait until the new ones come out - that 15 year old engine they still use sucks ass and WILL fail you. (ask me how I know)
I cringed when I read get an STi. Oh god.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

If you’re going to go get an STI, wait for the new one to come out. The current generation honestly probably isn’t worth it. Honestly, I’d rather get a Veloster N than the current gen STI. Granted my legs aren’t long enough to depress the clutch pedal all the way comfortably in either car :p

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
just do a quote on vroom and carvana and you'll see immediately what the floor trade value is at this moment, in your area.
Allow myself to quote myself.

2018 Type-R - 29,975 miles in my zip

Good for 7 days/250 miles for both I think:

Carvana - $31,099
Vroom - $31,000

So, that would be the floor for mine. I guess people can try to get another 3-4k out of it or whatever they feel like trying for since the car isn't infinite supply

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
If you’re going to go get an STI, wait for the new one to come out. The current generation honestly probably isn’t worth it. Honestly, I’d rather get a Veloster N than the current gen STI. Granted my legs aren’t long enough to depress the clutch pedal all the way comfortably in either car :p
Even waiting for next gen is a bit of a stretch. I'd say wait for next gen yes, but next gen +2 or +3 years so you don't get the beta version of the car.
Sponsored