Type R for sale question

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a 2018 civic type R 10.200 miles with PPE on front end PRL high volume intake-intercooler-charge pipe kit-high flow cat-miltek exhaust front pipe Hondata Volk te37 time attack 18x9.5 rims Swift springs. I'm maybe gonna put her up for sale I have an opportunity to open a 2nd location for my business and would use the money for it. My Question is 42k too much or to cheap? I figure of my 2nd location does well I'll be able to buy another Type R

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R for sale question 20200708_200716
Sponsored

MadMage

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
My understanding is that mods lower the value of the car unless you can find someone who wants those exact mods. If you have the original parts, I'm told, replace them and then sell the mod parts separately and the car as close to stock as possible for the most value.

But, that's just what I've heard, don't know from personal experience.

izzyC-EX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' BBP Type-R/20'MX-5, Recaro, Brembo, Bose/19' GLC63 Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2 cents. I think you should sell it as how you see the market is behaving. It’s what capitalism is all about. Make adjustments as you go. Price it too low and you are short changing yourself. Price it too high and the market will tell you. Used car market right now is just crazy. I would check what dealerships are selling and compete with that. As far as mods go, it can attract certain buyers but they will usually not pay more for it.

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
My understanding is that mods lower the value of the car unless you can find someone who wants those exact mods. If you have the original parts, I'm told, replace them and then sell the mod parts separately and the car as close to stock as possible for the most value.
This.

Most people who want to mod, want to do it themselves anyway. Personally I would pay more for a clean stock example of the car, than I would a modded version.... unless I knew the quality of the parts AND the quality of the work. Thats a tall order. GLWS

OP
OP
firelu21

firelu21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic type r
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well Nada and Kelly have it for 38k-39k so I would say 31k is too low

Bobbyt

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
#1 sell the aftermarket parts #2 37k-34k is more realistic purchasing price imho

GotCTR?

Banned
Banned
First Name
JOHN BOY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2020
Country flag
Well Nada and Kelly have it for 38k-39k so I would say 31k is too low
a dealer wont give you 32k , and no one is going to buy it for 35k when you have a hundred type r on market that are 2018 models for 32k

Take a dealer trade in at 32k and be lucky you got that and use your tax break to buy another

might be a good time to buy since it is summer idk

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Nada and kelly information is useless.
Sellers ALWAYS believe their car is worth more than it really is because of that.
With that said however, the car is worth whatever the buyer is going to pay for it. majority of the time though, its true.

This is what i believe would be realistic.
Sell the parts separately and trade/sell the car.

price just for the car imo would be 31-32k. 32k feels a little high but idk.
All the mods would be like ~2500 plus the ~3k wheels. Your not really going to get the value in PPF back usually. In the end, you'd be ~36-38k ish depending on how the parts and the car sells.

but hey, noone here is going to stop you from posting it up for 42k. Theres no hurt in trying high if you dont mind the time you are going to use.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
I’m buying a new 2021 Civic Type R for 2000 under MSRP...

For around 36k before taxes licensing fees...

So sell it fast if someone takes that price
Sponsored