Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
That piece of information that the civic was purchased at a Toyota dealership came too late in this thread. I thought originally it was not Honda, then it looked like another Honda dealer, and it all didn't make sense.

Toyota selling a Honda is just like any used car dealer. The only obligation they have is to state clearly before sale that the sale is "AS IS", no warranty. AS IS means AS IS. Knowing the car is still under the manufacturer warranty, any inspections of this kind of a car are for a used car dealer just a waste of money. They treat it as an easy sale of a great used car. They were not obliged to take it back.

OP - you made the same mistake the Toyota dealer did, thinking nothing can possibly be wrong with this car. Luckily, Honda took their warranty seriously as they should.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sweber104

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2018
Country flag
That piece of information that the civic was purchased at a Toyota dealership came too late in this thread. I thought originally it was not Honda, then it looked like another Honda dealer, and it all didn't make sense.

Toyota selling a Honda is just like any used car dealer. The only obligation they have is to state clearly before sale that the sale is "AS IS", no warranty. AS IS means AS IS. Knowing the car is still under the manufacturer warranty, any inspections of this kind of a car are for a used car dealer just a waste of money. They treat it as an easy sale of a great used car. They were not obliged to take it back.

OP - you made the same mistake the Toyota dealer did, thinking nothing can possibly be wrong with this car. Luckily, Honda took their warranty seriously as they should.
Ya Walser has a Honda dealership down the road from the Toyota one but the Honda one is a mile down a side road, the Toyota dealership sits right on a major highway. When I was working out the sale they actually took the car to the Honda dealer to try and find the wheel lock key. So yes it was sitting on a Toyota lot but it was at the Honda dealer down the street for some last minute items I told them I had to have in order to buy the car.

Also when I told the GM to take the car back and he said he couldn’t due to several policies, I told him that I don’t care about any policy, I care about you making this situation right. You sold me a car with a destroyed engine and you have the power to make this right with me and you are choosing not too. He got really silent for a couple minutes then said he has too much “TIME” invested in the car and can’t help me out. I then told him I hope he feels good about screwing me over, then he said he did nothing wrong. This went on for 5 days, I won’t bore you with the rest.