turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Hey man, love your set-up! I was hoping to swap out the front and rear bumper on my Si to a Type R style as well. Did you get your bumpers from Ikon Motorsports? Also, how were you able to paint match your bumpers? Was it an easy bolt on installation?
I'm not good with paint and body work, so I called my local Honda dealer and asked who they sent their warranty work to. I took my car and the all the pieces. They got the paint color code, painted everything, and installed it. I think my car was down for two weeks.
Sponsored

jsalvdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I'm not good with paint and body work, so I called my local Honda dealer and asked who they sent their warranty work to. I took my car and the all the pieces. They got the paint color code, painted everything, and installed it. I think my car was down for two weeks.
Oh I see. Thanks for the info! Also, what’s your wheel setup? Are your tires stretched a bit?

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Yes it is from Ikon motor
Oh I see. Thanks for the info! Also, what’s your wheel setup? Are your tires stretched a bit?
Yeap, the wheels are 18x9.5 with the factory size tires on them, tire place said that is the max that tire could be stretched before I needed to go up a size.

jsalvdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Yes it is from Ikon motor

Yeap, the wheels are 18x9.5 with the factory size tires on them, tire place said that is the max that tire could be stretched before I needed to go up a size.
Whats the offset? Looks like a pretty flush fit

mikhaildt1998

First Name
Mikhail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda fk7
Country flag
Did you actually try it? I have bolted OEM FK8 fenders on an FK7 hatch. The lower takes some working of the sideskirt or use CTR side skirts, but otherwise the fender bolts right on. I have a 2018 Si coupe and we have some FK8 carbon fenders at the shop that I will be installing on it, so I will let yall know what it takes.
Thank goodness I found this thread. I plan on getting the Varis front bumper later on for my build.

Were you able to reuse bolts/clips?

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag

Blakeduke09

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback EX
Country flag
Did you actually try it? I have bolted OEM FK8 fenders on an FK7 hatch. The lower takes some working of the sideskirt or use CTR side skirts, but otherwise the fender bolts right on. I have a 2018 Si coupe and we have some FK8 carbon fenders at the shop that I will be installing on it, so I will let yall know what it takes.
I have a 2018 hatchback ex and I’m looking for some type r style fenders would the real ones fit and would I have to buy the type r skirts and front bumper too?

Ep3-FK7

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
What working was needed to fit the stock fk7 side skirts? I just bought some seibon type r fenders and I want to install them onto my fk7.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I know this is a few years old lol but i have an fc3 and i damaged my fenders, im curious about an update on this to see if i can possibly just buy fk8 fenders instead oem style.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase