Type R fenders on SI

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there’s a guy with a black sedan who runs type r bumper and fenders... his ig is something like JDMSiR but not sure
Sponsored

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It will not fit. I have a sport hatch .. i was just like OP thinking to swap type r side fender and it does not work.. all mounting point are different.
You wont be able to swap it without a massive work on the body.
Did you actually try it? I have bolted OEM FK8 fenders on an FK7 hatch. The lower takes some working of the sideskirt or use CTR side skirts, but otherwise the fender bolts right on. I have a 2018 Si coupe and we have some FK8 carbon fenders at the shop that I will be installing on it, so I will let yall know what it takes.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you actually try it? I have bolted OEM FK8 fenders on an FK7 hatch. The lower takes some working of the sideskirt or use CTR side skirts, but otherwise the fender bolts right on. I have a 2018 Si coupe and we have some FK8 carbon fenders at the shop that I will be installing on it, so I will let yall know what it takes.
I didnt.. but I went into honda and spoke to the service manager there.. they told me the mounting point are different.

Sales@USR

First Name
USR
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unitedspeedracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didnt.. but I went into honda and spoke to the service manager there.. they told me the mounting point are different.
Lol, well you definitely cant trust most dealer employees on things like that.

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you tried it? Any comments on the results? I have a 2017 FC3, would love to know how possible/difficult it is.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SPT 17 EX-T 08 LX 21 CRV 12 Acc 14 328I CONV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front clip (bulkhead/firewall forward) Is the same frame through all platforms. You can bolt Ctr front bumper and fenders to si/hatch. But there will be an overhang where the fender meets the side skirt. There’s nothing besides the side skirt from stillen that MAY work in getting rid of the overhang, besides that there’s nothing that can fix that issue. On the hatchbacks I believe can swap for everything, front/rear bumpers, and side skirts, but may also have to add the rear fender flare add-on’s because it starts at the rear bumper.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They used the type r “style” front bumper and fenders. It’s not widebody like the type r. You can tell cuz the side skirt doesn’t come out passed the door either.

CanadiaegeanBlue

First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan - Aegean Blue Metallic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This fella has a complete Type R OEM Front End swap. OEM fenders, side skirts, fender liners, front bumper etc.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They used the type r “style” front bumper and fenders. It’s not widebody like the type r. You can tell cuz the side skirt doesn’t come out passed the door either.
You're right - looks like just a type R "style" body kit.

This fella has a complete Type R OEM Front End swap. OEM fenders, side skirts, fender liners, front bumper etc.

That front end came out pretty good! The booty needs some luv, though lol

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried to search type r with the sill panel/side skirt removed so I could see what the fender and vent would look like with the normal side skirts. I don’t think it would look too bad to swap fenders and bumper.

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

turbo dragon

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SI X
Country flag
Hi all,

Did anyone already try to install type R fenders on the civic SI? Do you guys think that is needed to also install the front type R front bumper for this modification?
IKON motors sales a complete type R kit for the Si sedan. I have most of it on my sedan except the wing, which I will not get and the fenders that I may get in the future.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R fenders on SI civic1
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R fenders on SI civic2

Romeoridgee

Honda Dealer Tech.
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I messaged him and he said they bolted right up. After finding this info. I’m swapping for the same, type r bumper, side skirts, and fenders. The rear would have to come from ikon.

jsalvdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
IKON motors sales a complete type R kit for the Si sedan. I have most of it on my sedan except the wing, which I will not get and the fenders that I may get in the future.
civic1.jpg
civic2.jpg
Hey man, love your set-up! I was hoping to swap out the front and rear bumper on my Si to a Type R style as well. Did you get your bumpers from Ikon Motorsports? Also, how were you able to paint match your bumpers? Was it an easy bolt on installation?