sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Is there an aftermarket Type R fender made that will allow me to put Type R side skirts on a standard hatchback? I've spoken with a few vendors and the answer is either no, or unclear.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First, it's my car and I'll do whatever I want to do to it. Second, why did I not buy a Type R? Because I put 35k + miles a year on my car. And spending 35 to 45 k for car I'm going to wear out in a few years isn't worth it.

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
i would just purchase the skirt for the sport and vinyl wrap it with CF if you want that look. Did you get the sport with the aero kit?

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It's a 2019 Sport. What's the aero kit? I'm looking for the fenders because I want the skirt to stick out and match the rear fender flares I have for it. I've seen two different opinions on Type R factory fenders. Some say they bolt.up, some say they won't so I don't know.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
But, why?

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
If it aint a type r, it aint a tight car.

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
dude stop saying but why.. people always do mods on this forum so why you trollin/bashin on this one.... its people like you who are making this community toxic.

anways... check out ABS dynamics im sure they'll have them.

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
dude stop saying but why.. people always do mods on this forum so why you trollin/bashin on this one.... its people like you who are making this community toxic.

anways... check out ABS dynamics im sure they'll have them.
[/QUOT
I'm not sure which brand ABS uses. I checked with Ikon because I had ordered the fender flares from them and they just had the conversion style

Last edited:

Blank_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 FK7
Country flag
Oh! also if you really want aggressive, check out downforce solutions. not my style but maybe up your ally. GL!

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got them from Ikon Motorsports. I was going to post a link but when I went on this morning, they don't have them listed. I don't know what's so special about these but they seem to be hard to find at a reasonable price

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I got them from Ikon Motorsports. I was going to post a link but when I went on this morning, they don't have them listed. I don't know what's so special about these but they seem to be hard to find at a reasonable price
Did you ever figure out the fender and flare question? I'm also wondering.

OP
OP
sirchris

sirchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes. If you want Type R side skirts, you have to have original fenders. Aftermath Type R style fenders aren't made to do it. Still not clear in whether the Type R fenders will bolt up but there are some different brackets that I have to have to make it work.

XGenTakeda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Yes. If you want Type R side skirts, you have to have original fenders. Aftermath Type R style fenders aren't made to do it. Still not clear in whether the Type R fenders will bolt up but there are some different brackets that I have to have to make it work.
Ikon Type R fenders should be a direct swap as they claim it's a direct copy made for non-R models. The only pain will be the cost of color matching them to your body color as these fenders will require major blending work on front bumper, side view mirrors, main body frame. Otherwise, your fender colors will be off despite color matching. Blending job goes anywhere from $500 to over $1k.....
Sponsored