Type R FBO + Custom Tune Dyno Results (376 whp / 387 wtq) & Products Review (PRL, Remus, PTP/USR)

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Who does the tuning on your car? Because i live in South Alabama and cant find anybody who tunes Hondata on Type Rs. I really believe the car can 350whp without bolt ons with good tuning.
I live in North Alabama close to Huntsville. There's a place in Decatur called Bryant Brothers that tunes cars including Hondas. They very well might use Hondata.
Sponsored

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Who does the tuning on your car? Because i live in South Alabama and cant find anybody who tunes Hondata on Type Rs. I really believe the car can make 350whp without bolt ons with good tuning.
You’re right about the 350whp with tuning only (or pretty damn close). @D-RobIMW at innovative motorworks in Carlisle, PA (who is also the guy who helped develop the ktuner basemaps for 10th gen civics). He does remote tuning as well and I have seen / read about lots of type r clients making great numbers with his remote tune. Hit him up.

EgyptCTR85

First Name
AHMED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
love the results my man. I also known derek's work with hondas as well. Very well trusted! Can't go wrong with imw!

Jpierro79

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 type R 2015 c300
Country flag
The only thing is there is a slight lul like there’s a momentary ignition timing retard around 4K if I remember correctly. I’m wondering if it’s either timing it torque limit exceeding? Both torque and hp seem to droop a bit. Any idea? Do you feel it driving? I know I tuned my 2013 zl1 on hp tuners and any time a high enough knock reading was read it would chop 4-6 degrees of timing killing literally 40hp on my zl1. Now obviously Ktuner is not hp tuners and to be honest there is literally 1/10th the amount of adjustments available. Hp tuners has a stupid amount of adjustments. I’m really curious as to the tuning limitations? I’ve already made timing adjustments to mine. I have intake and down pipe. I’m curious do dealers have more adjustments or is everyone the same? There literally NO wastegate duty cycle chart only torque limitations. Does the ecu calculate on Tq limits only? Is it more like Cobb tuning and vw if so they are a lot alike in using torque calculation to control boost and wastegate dtc.

CBPtypeRgrunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ FK8, AP1 S2000, F-150, YZF-R6
Country flag
How much different would this power output be on 91 or on the e40 blend?

SlasherX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R, 11 Honda Civic Si *Mugen*
Country flag
Any updates? :)

MrM04

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Civic Type R, Scion xD, (Two Wheels 14' ZX6R)
Country flag
Those number are really good.
one thing I’ve always been curious about and I might be one of the few in this boat but how’s the mpgs?
one thing I love about the car is the power to mpg ratio.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I got a dyno tune from DRob with similar numbers (383 whp/400 wtq). It hasn't affected my mileage at all; I still get around 28-29 mpg in mixed driving.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Those number are really good.
one thing I’ve always been curious about and I might be one of the few in this boat but how’s the mpgs?
one thing I love about the car is the power to mpg ratio.
MPG hasn't really changed on my side either, nothing noticeable at least.

MrM04

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow that is pretty cool. Makes me want to get a reflash now lol . Thanks for the update.

MrM04

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a dyno tune from DRob with similar numbers (383 whp/400 wtq). It hasn't affected my mileage at all; I still get around 28-29 mpg in mixed driving.
With those tunes, is that live in all modes of the car? Like Comfort, sport and R mode?

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
With those tunes, is that live in all modes of the car? Like Comfort, sport and R mode?
Comfort mode tuning is apparently not recommended, as it causes screwy things to happen. My tune is same for both Sport and +R, per my request.
Sponsored