elmoTK

R-00272
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW '17 CTR, '07 TSX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda engineers face the near-impossible goal of developing a new era Civic Type R that retains the racing car sharpness of its predecessors, while handling with complete confidence on any road surface, at any speed range.

http://world.honda.com/CIVIC/Engineer-talk/2017TypeR

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Engineers Talk About The Type R title
Sponsored

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Loved reading this

I love their attention to detail

They changed the flywheel, which changed the engine harmonics, so they revisited the exhaust.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Loved reading some of the decision making such as why Comfort mode was added and also the Torque felt in day to day driving. I definitely feel that at every traffic signal. Also the index finger and pinky finger grip on steering wheel like a golf club was very nice. Now I will be driving around with two fingers LOL.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I love how they post pictures of each engineer. Now I know which engineer will be mad/crying when I change the Tire size from 20inch to 18inch, and which engineer is responsible for the poor exhaust sound of the car.

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I love how they post pictures of each engineer. Now I know which engineer will be mad/crying when I change the Tire size from 20inch to 18inch, and which engineer is responsible for the poor exhaust sound of the car.
"The new Type R is a global model, so we have to consider it being sold in regions all over the world. It has to have a powerful sound on a race track, yet while cruising, we have to shut out as much unwanted noise and vibration as possible..."

Sk8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2017 Subaru Forester XT, 2014 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid, 2005 Toyota Corolla XRS, 1983 Toyota Hilux Single Cab Short Bed
Vehicle Showcase

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Thanks for the link! The original link didn’t work right.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Prominently missing was ANY discussion about the sound system as pertaining to the audio/music performance.
I can't believe anyone at Honda thinks it's a good sounding system.

samji

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 1996 Accord V6 EX-L
Country flag
Prominently missing was ANY discussion about the sound system as pertaining to the audio/music performance.
I can't believe anyone at Honda thinks it's a good sounding system.
I think that tells you how much effort was put into the sound. My 6th gen civic coupe LX had better sounding audio to be honest. I realize that the system doesn't sound as bad when I'm at a stop, but once the car is moving and the chassis starts vibrating from the engine, it cancels out any sub bass coming from the sub. Tuning is really weird because some songs, the treble gets really thin and is on the border of blowing out, and others, the treble sounds okay but the mid range tanks. This is why a lot of people recommend installing viper4android on your HU, which I haven't been able to get working unfortunately.