Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi as you know I just had my car doors replaced as the result of a untimely lane change.
However, the new doors when I rap on them ring like a bell, and the drivers side doors make no ringing sound at all as if they have sound deadening material inside of them.
The body shop swears they got the doors as they are now and they thought that would be applied already.
Does anyone have any idea or pictures of the interior of the Type R doors showing the points where the glue between the outer door skin and the safety bar is applied, and also the locations of the OEM butyl/bitumen deadening material? I've seen the deadening panels in "remove Civic Door Interior" videos but nothing I can show the body shop. They've agree to make it right but I have to settle this in my mind first.
Can anyone help?

TIA!
Sponsored

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I would look at the parts diagram for the door. It’s everything is included the diagram will contain it. I’ll take a look in a few hours for you

DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R #21399
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R Door Sound Deadening-OEM IMG_4324

Ignore the silver sound deadening to the left, that's not stock. That little brown rectangle is the only stock deadening in the doors

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would look at the parts diagram for the door. It’s everything is included the diagram will contain it. I’ll take a look in a few hours for you
Already did that nothing mentioned/shown.
Great idea though.
Thanks!

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
IMG_4324.jpeg

Ignore the silver sound deadening to the left, that's not stock. That little brown rectangle is the only stock deadening in the doors
Thanks! Just ready k was looking for. Is the round safety bar adhesives/glued to the door?

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Never mind I now see it's not along its length. Saturday I reckon I'll take the door panel off and look.
If no sound deadening I can put some elastomeric sealant along the brace where it's next to the door. Good sound deadening patches are expensive as hell, seems it's only sold in "installer"/"entire car" size packages. Will keep looking.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi Guys I ended up using amazon sound deadening material and it seems to be OK.
I also noticed my door doesn't have that piece of angled metal between the door pipe/brace and the door skin. Odd. They swear they're OEM and I was charged for OEM (insurance was).

Thanks so much for the picture, my OE doors on the driver side looked like that. The replacements didn't have that angled piece of metal, and the door pipe/brace wasn't glued to the door skin.

OP
OP
Fountainhead

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Hi Guys I ended up using amazon sound deadening material and it seems to be OK.
I also noticed my door doesn't have that piece of angled metal between the door pipe/brace and the door skin. Odd. They swear they're OEM and I was charged for OEM (insurance was).

Thanks so much for the picture, my OE doors on the driver side looked like that. The replacements didn't have that angled piece of metal, and the door pipe/brace wasn't glued to the door skin.
Sponsored