Russgolfs

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1941 Chevrolet, 2017 Camaro ZL1
Country flag
I'm #1 on 2 dealership lists and I'm choosing one today and hope to bring it home if there are no serious defects. I made a checklist of all the problems you guys mentioned and put it to the test on a white Type R last night. The car was in the showroom so lighting wasn't optimal but good enough. The only thing I could find was maybe one round suction cup mark on the hood. Honda may have cracked the whip on the assembly line guys to improve their product. I turned that car down because they wanted the $10K mark-up and the color white is just not for me. I told them to call me if they wanted to sell it at MSRP. I printed out 5 pages of the 2nd gear grinding thread and showed it to them. I said as time goes on and the word gets out more about the gear grinding, the demand for the car could stop and then their $10K mark-up will be history. The car I inspected was #3285. Today I'll be inspecting another Type R and will use all the info you guys have posted to try to get the mark-up reduced. If anyone wants a copy of that checklist let me know. New to the site so I gotta figure out how this all works.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Noookiddin

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R56 JCW
I'm #1 on 2 dealership lists and I'm choosing one today and hope to bring it home if there are no serious defects. I made a checklist of all the problems you guys mentioned and put it to the test on a white Type R last night. The car was in the showroom so lighting wasn't optimal but good enough. The only thing I could find was maybe one round suction cup mark on the hood. Honda may have cracked the whip on the assembly line guys to improve their product. I turned that car down because they wanted the $10K mark-up and the color white is just not for me. I told them to call me if they wanted to sell it at MSRP. I printed out 5 pages of the 2nd gear grinding thread and showed it to them. I said as time goes on and the word gets out more about the gear grinding, the demand for the car could stop and then their $10K mark-up will be history. The car I inspected was #3285. Today I'll be inspecting another Type R and will use all the info you guys have posted to try to get the mark-up reduced. If anyone wants a copy of that checklist let me know. New to the site so I gotta figure out how this all works.
Yes, please share your checklist. PM me. Thanks!

TheTurk203

First Name
Turk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R - 2018 Audi Q7 - 2016 Mercedes C300
Country flag
PM me to please
Sponsored