2055CTR

First Name
Beejai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Hi my girl daily drives my type r and wanted a clutch that feels close to stock but is also not stock. Preferably a stage 3 or 4 and up. And what is better a sprung spring clutch or a solid hub and would you recommend 3 or 4 or 6 puck. When I am done with the car I'm hoping to be some where in the low to mid 400 hp.
Sponsored

vandalSI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic Si sedan
Country flag
Doesn't the type r clutch hold up to 450+ tq? I wouldnt worry about an aftermarket clutch if you are under that.

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Hi my girl daily drives my type r and wanted a clutch that feels close to stock but is also not stock. Preferably a stage 3 or 4 and up. And what is better a sprung spring clutch or a solid hub and would you recommend 3 or 4 or 6 puck. When I am done with the car I'm hoping to be some where in the low to mid 400 hp.
Exedy or ACT with organic disc , those feels a little bit stiff than stock but holds more torque , al the clutches are rated in torque .

OP
OP
2055CTR

2055CTR

First Name
Beejai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Would you recommend going 3-4 or 6 puck

seselectronics

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seselectronicssolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Would you recommend going 3-4 or 6 puck
If you are planning to keep it similar to oem pedal stiffness not at all , all those clutch disc with puck require a strong pressure plate and the clutch pedal travel also is a lot different.

OP
OP
2055CTR

2055CTR

First Name
Beejai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
Thanks everyone for all of your inputs. I appreciate it

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
You won't need a clutch. I am at 490hp and 436tq on stock clutch.
Just got mine tuned by DRob @ IMW and my clutch is slipping at 370-380wtq. 28k miles. I have been driving manual for 15 years so it *shouldn't* be me, am I just unlucky on the durability?

Probably gonna go Exedy stage 1, anyone in the south jersey area wanna install it for me. If anyone has a beat on a good place to buy it from on sale, etc. let me know. I'm seeing $475 as the lowest.

QuasarMotors

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quasarracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda CTR
Country flag
Just got mine tuned by DRob @ IMW and my clutch is slipping at 370-380wtq. 28k miles. I have been driving manual for 15 years so it *shouldn't* be me, am I just unlucky on the durability?

Probably gonna go Exedy stage 1, anyone in the south jersey area wanna install it for me. If anyone has a beat on a good place to buy it from on sale, etc. let me know. I'm seeing $475 as the lowest.
Do you have a dyno graph?

BrokeCTROwner

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 1999 K20 Integra
Country flag
Car definitely doesn't make that much torque lol and you can see it slipping at peak torque and high rpm.

clutchslip.jpg
Seems like you got unlucky with your stock clutch. Or the delay valve has been screwing you. I’m also tuned by drob and I’m at 36k miles 20k of those with his tune on the car no slippage whatsoever

Godofelru

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
Seems like you got unlucky with your stock clutch. Or the delay valve has been screwing you. I’m also tuned by drob and I’m at 36k miles 20k of those with his tune on the car no slippage whatsoever
Yeah, it's honestly making me just wanna eat the loss on the tune, turn it back to stock and trade the car in and get something else (while the used market is stupidly inflated). I didn't really want to drop another 2k on it when everyone seems to be fine but me.

Can you share some more insight on the delay valve? is this something that would ruin a new clutch if I put one in?

I'm just trying to figure it out. My old 07 spec v ran over 100k miles on the stock clutch, and 70k of them were at more than double the stock hp and torque and those were not casual miles and never once slipped so I really don't want to assume it's me.
Sponsored