First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Reverse LED X are back in stock! :D
Hi I recently purchased the Ultra Bright RED Flashing Brake LEDs for my FK8 and noticed when I pump my brakes (pump, released and press brake and hold) the flash no longer synchronize between left and right. Is this normal with your LEDs? I think the non-synchronize is very distracting and may cause confusion with other drivers. Please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong, or what I should do next -- perhaps I should just go with the non-flash?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

#1 Source for 10thgen LEDs
Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi I recently purchased the Ultra Bright RED Flashing Brake LEDs for my FK8 and noticed when I pump my brakes (pump, released and press brake and hold) the flash no longer synchronize between left and right. Is this normal with your LEDs? I think the non-synchronize is very distracting and may cause confusion with other drivers. Please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong, or what I should do next -- perhaps I should just go with the non-flash?
Out of sync? are you saying that only 1 side flashes and the other side doesn't?

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Out of sync? are you saying that only 1 side flashes and the other side doesn't?
They do flash but the the left and right flash no longer match each other. It is very strange. If I press the brake one time, the left and right flash match each other. If I had to press the brake, release and press again, there is a slight but definitely noticeable delay on the right bulb flash that is slower than the left side.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They do flash but the the left and right flash no longer match each other. It is very strange. If I press the brake one time, the left and right flash match each other. If I had to press the brake, release and press again, there is a slight but definitely noticeable delay on the right bulb flash that is slower than the left side.

Thanks for the video. That is strange. It appears the right side is not having enough time to fully cycle the flashing. Pumping the brakes really fast is the reason you're having the problem.

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the video. That is strange. It appears the right side is not having enough time to fully cycle the flashing. Pumping the brakes really fast is the reason you're having the problem.
Both left and right bulbs should be experiencing the same electrical input from the brakes (i.e. only one brake pedal and essentially same wire and electrical signal to both LED bulbs). Thus I would expect if the left and right LED bulbs are the same, they should behave the same regardless of what I do to the brake pedal. In addition, it wasn't a super fast pump, fairly standard pause which I sometimes do to moderate the car's speed without having to jump on the brakes. I still do not understand why the event is occurring but it is uncomfortable driving and wondering whether my brake lights are behaving properly of if it is causing confusion for the drivers behind me (let alone some police officer who may notice the odd behavior and decide to have a chat with me). I sent you an email from your web site. Can you please contact me and let me know what my options are? I have removed the brake light LEDs and switched back to my standard bulbs. I like your LEDs very much for their brightness and would like to use them if there is a way to not have this odd non-sync happen. Thanks @TypeRLEDs for all your responses and help so far.

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Both left and right bulbs should be experiencing the same electrical input from the brakes (i.e. only one brake pedal and essentially same wire and electrical signal to both LED bulbs). Thus I would expect if the left and right LED bulbs are the same, they should behave the same regardless of what I do to the brake pedal. In addition, it wasn't a super fast pump, fairly standard pause which I sometimes do to moderate the car's speed without having to jump on the brakes. I still do not understand why the event is occurring but it is uncomfortable driving and wondering whether my brake lights are behaving properly of if it is causing confusion for the drivers behind me (let alone some police officer who may notice the odd behavior and decide to have a chat with me). I sent you an email from your web site. Can you please contact me and let me know what my options are? I have removed the brake light LEDs and switched back to my standard bulbs. I like your LEDs very much for their brightness and would like to use them if there is a way to not have this odd non-sync happen. Thanks @TypeRLEDs for all your responses and help so far.
We responded to your email. :) Working out a solution ;)

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New Product UPDATE!

We have updated the Coupe Reverse LEDs!
They are longer and have more LEDs but also keep the same fitment! The Coupe Reverse LEDs are small and we maximize the most brightness output with these new Reverse LEDs!
If you recently ordered the Reverse LEDs you will be receiving these!
Thanks again everyone!

View attachment 163587

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_20190718_133326

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_20190718_133357

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Updated Reverse LEDs for the Coupe are selling! Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What is the difference between the super bright trunk option vs the regular?

Have a look at this photo!
The Super Bright options offers a larger amount if LEDs directed straight to the trunk.
When installing these it is highly suggested you remove the housing from the plug and install the LED. Make sure it is seated properly and making good contact.

As always seek professional help.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R and 10th Gen Civic Interior LEDs IMG_20190726_031740

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
Just wanted to add, I just installed your LEDs on my interior dome lights and trunk, and they are amazing. One of the easiest and best mods for any Civic

OP
OP
TypeRLEDs

TypeRLEDs

Threads
Reaction score
Website
TypeRLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just wanted to add, I just installed your LEDs on my interior dome lights and trunk, and they are amazing. One of the easiest and best mods for any Civic
Thank you very much!

Honda 4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic lx
Country flag
Do i need to add a resistor on a brake bulb, rear signal bulb and front signal bulb?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.