Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
19010-5BF-A11

2020 has a different part number for the radiator 19010-5BF-A11
This is true but a part number change doesn’t mean it’s a changed part. For example even the 2020 accessories like the Honda CF hood scoop part number doesn’t show as available for anything but a 2020 which is highly untrue. It’s identical for any type R fitment.

Honda makes no mention to improving the radiator only opening the vent size to improve cooling. If there was an upgrade it would would be mentioned over a larger grill opening. They are trying to make improvements and keep the car from out costing its core audience.

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
This is true but a part number change doesn’t mean it’s a changed part. For example even the 2020 accessories like the Honda CF hood scoop part number doesn’t show as available for anything but a 2020 which is highly untrue. It’s identical for any type R fitment.

Honda makes no mention to improving the radiator only opening the vent size to improve cooling. If there was an upgrade it would would be mentioned over a larger grill opening. They are trying to make improvements and keep the car from out costing its core audience.
The US press release did actually mention an updated radiator core.

"Additionally, Type R gets a new grille design with a 13-percent-larger opening that along with an updated radiator core delivers improved engine cooling in high-demand situations, such as track use, with a decrease in coolant temperature of up to 18° F in testing."

https://hondanews.com/en-US/honda-a...nsing-and-new-logr-datalogging-smartphone-app

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Nice that wasn’t listed on the key changes, I should have looked deeper. I still wouldn’t buy the Honda one over an aftermarket if I were tracking my car. I’d upgrade significantly for track.

But that’s cool it’s a little more than just the grille. My car always runs nice and cool even when I drive aggressively. We will see when summer comes I’ll make the decision at that point.

Last edited:

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
Nice that wasn’t listed on the key changes, I should have looked deeper. I still wouldn’t buy the Honda one over an aftermarket if I were tracking my cat. I’d upgrade significantly for track.

But that’s cool it’s a little more than just the grille. My car always runs nice and cool even when I drive aggressively. We will see when summer comes I’ll make the decision at that point.
For sure, it got kinda buried in all the 2020 info. Unless you're doing any track stuff, there shouldn't be any real reason to change. And like you said, an aftermarket radiator will do more anyway.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
For sure, it got kinda buried in all the 2020 info. Unless you're doing any track stuff, there shouldn't be any real reason to change. And like you said, an aftermarket radiator will do more anyway.
Not only was it buried, it was delayed as well. The first two press releases said nothing about a new radiator. Only the last one did.

Edit: I feel like Honda was debating on whether the 2020 model should get the upgraded radiator or if it should be specific to the 2021 LE. That may be a reason why you couldn't see the interior of the 2020, if you popped the hood, it might be visible?

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Type r 2020 new accessories. C000D312-247A-40CB-8A64-DFBFFCA910AE

Anybody see these? Someone posted it on one of the fb groups, I think these are not available in US. But I’m not sure!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Honda offers those child car seats mainly in Europe. They actually offer those on many other models also. Most of those you can get in the US.

The rear Carbon lip isn’t sold here I think. And the small light by the door handle also isn’t sold here but people have imported it. The pillar overlay is also not yet sold here I think.

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda offers those child car seats mainly in Europe. They actually offer those on many other models also. Most of those you can get in the US.

The rear Carbon lip isn’t sold here I think. And the small light by the door handle also isn’t sold here but people have imported it. The pillar overlay is also not yet sold here I think.
what about the rear roof spoiler? havent seen that one, it looks like its something added on to the one originally there

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not sold in champ white. But it looks pretty much exactly like the HFP spoiler.

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r 2020 new accessories. 82F3603F-F91E-47D7-A4A6-AAB00B1D672D

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s not marketed for the type r. It’s for the civic hatchback. But it will fit because that roof area is basically the same for the hatchback and type r. The type r has the vortex holes is the only difference.

HFP Honda factory performance. Readily available in all hatchback colors.

RepyT

Almost Stock ‘19 R on 255/35-19”
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R FK8, 2017 Lexus GX460 Luxury
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not only was it buried, it was delayed as well. The first two press releases said nothing about a new radiator. Only the last one did.

Edit: I feel like Honda was debating on whether the 2020 model should get the upgraded radiator or if it should be specific to the 2021 LE. That may be a reason why you couldn't see the interior of the 2020, if you popped the hood, it might be visible?
timyman392,
In today’s world it was probably a do/not more based on logistics, specially parts. Could Honda get enough improved core radiators produced based on lead time to support production at model year start while more rad+ versions are made? If not then status quo, PR folks could say the bigger opening helped too. Sometimes tech improvement PR announcements long since engineered and ready for fielding can’t be implemented if not enough parts can bereadied by time of need.

The other plausible reason is they forgot but not likely; the first scenario is more likely since many parts sourced overseas, perhaps radiators.
(Technical assistance/consultation provided by Ray D’Atore, FHMC).

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got the rear diffuser and B pillar Honda Carbon Fiber from EDM. Everything else is available stateside.

If anyone needs EDM or JDM parts I have a connection just DM me and prepare thy wallet for the pillaging of the Honda Accessories pricing, especially exporting it.

I just got this after 3 months:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type r 2020 new accessories. B6EB9A95-2268-4789-A646-0C408208F202

SEMA 2020 - Here we come unless you’re cancelled...
Sponsored

Last edited: