tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
If you change the nut to the 2020, you also have to change the boot collar. The nut is list price or MSRP $65 I believe, so yeahhh.... o_O
Do you really? I’m assuming you tried then?
Sponsored

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Per my dealer who got me the shift knob super early, and AFHK Parts.
The collar doesn’t seem to be sold separately, so if that is the case, you’d have to switch to the new shift boot to use the new locking nut. I’ll find out later this week for myself I guess.

I know in one of the 2020 threads (may be this one) someone posted a picture of AFHK Parts showing the 2020 shift boot, but it was leather (something was wrong).

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Another option for those who don't want to use the new locking nut/collar, you can get the Hybrid Racing collar.

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
is there a part number for the new 2020 grill?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I found a somewhat half-assed temporary solution to the sagging shift boot, ditch the locking nut and use a 10mm hex nut instead :p The boot is held on securely by friction for the time being.

Edit: I also tested the 2017-19 shift knob on the shorter lock nut. Throws are stupid short :p Very mechanical feeling. Because the knob has a small lip on it on the bottom (that normally fits inside the older lock nut), but shift boot actually locks place somewhat!

Last edited:

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is there a part number for the new 2020 grill?
There is my dealership asked if I wanted it too and I said I would hold off for now, I didn’t ask
How much but anything type r seems to be more just because. I mean it could be a badge and it’s more because it’s a type R. :p

halohalomix206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SGP FK8 TYPE R, X5M, Mini Cooper S
Country flag
There is my dealership asked if I wanted it too and I said I would hold off for now, I didn’t ask
How much but anything type r seems to be more just because. I mean it could be a badge and it’s more because it’s a type R. :p
thanks for the heads up. I am asking my dealer about it! i would rather have this than an ill fitting aftermarket one.

Last edited:

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone know if 2020 front grill will be direct replacement? do i need to change the headlight winglet on both side ??
Is this the part #? my dealer in canada here cant find such part
71121-TGH-E81

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone know if 2020 front grill will be direct replacement? do i need to change the headlight winglet on both side ??
Is this the part #? my dealer in canada here cant find such part
71121-TGH-E81
All they did was move the plastic on the bottom of the grill up a tiny bit. The fitment is the same and the part numbers are out there go to a different dealer.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All they did was move the plastic on the bottom of the grill up a tiny bit. The fitment is the same and the part numbers are out there go to a different dealer.
so, i dont need to replace winglet on both side right?
I tried to search the part number online, 71121-TGH-E81,
nothing show up as well

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so, i dont need to replace winglet on both side right?
I tried to search the part number online, 71121-TGH-E81,
nothing show up as well
No just the grille. :)

I just saw you were in Canada, I am in the US so maybe they aren't in the Canadian dealers catalog yet?

I have the 2020 Honda CF Hood Scoop and Honda Black Type R Lug Accessories for the 2020's and they aren't even out yet. I am not concerned with the grille personally its such a minor change when I get around to opening my waffles I'll get more air than the grille offers. 18 degrees on the track is not a significant change and to me the Honda emblem being larger the the front grille doesn't look as good in my opinion. But IF you track a lot it may be worth it for you.

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag

I just saw you were in Canada, I am in the US so maybe they aren't in the Canadian dealers catalog yet?

I have the 2020 Honda CF Hood Scoop and Honda Black Type R Lug Accessories for the 2020's and they aren't even out yet. I am not concerned with the grille personally its such a minor change when I get around to opening my waffles I'll get more air than the grille offers. 18 degrees on the track is not a significant change and to me the Honda emblem being lager the the front grille doesn't look as good in my opinion. But IF you track a lot it may be worth it for you.
Doesn't the 2020 also have a new radiator core too? I'd wager that's pushing the temps lower than the grill is.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I have the 2020 Honda CF Hood Scoop and Honda Black Type R Lug Accessories for the 2020's and they aren't even out yet. I am not concerned with the grille personally its such a minor change when I get around to opening my waffles I'll get more air than the grille offers. 18 degrees on the track is not a significant change and to me the Honda emblem being lager the the front grille doesn't look as good in my opinion. But IF you track a lot it may be worth it for you.
do you mean you will open up the fake vent on the fog cover? that is something I want to do as well.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Doesn't the 2020 also have a new radiator core too? I'd wager that's pushing the temps lower than the grill is.
No it's just a larger opening on the grille, no radiator changes.

do you mean you will open up the fake vent on the fog cover? that is something I want to do as well.
Yeah, I'm gonna do front and rear. Looks better than the 2020 styling.
Sponsored

Last edited: