First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Hello all!

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I FOUND THE AMPLIFIER UNDER THE PASSENGER CAR SEAT. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/type-r-2019-fk8-stereo-wiring.51236/post-1135395

I have been doing my research into adding an amplifier & Sub to my FK8. I have all the necessary parts and tools to carry this project. Just to clarify, I have the FK8 UK/EU version, there is no subwoofer in the truck hence why I have to tap the wires in the head unit.

I was following this post to connect the speaker outputs wires to my LOC but I ran into some really weird problems. The diagram doesn't match the one posted and I cannot find one that matches anywhere! https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/headunit-wire-diagram.2886/

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring 1593276779108

I have taken photos (see below!) of my version of the 24 pin connector below, as you can see the numbers of the pins are different (12,24 on the left side, 1,3 on the right side) compared to the diagram. The more confusing is actually the number of wires total on this connector... There are only 9 wires including the black & brown wire (+12V & ground). I cannot work out how this is possible considering I have an 11 speaker system. I also have taken a look at other connectors but doesn't seem to be stereo speaker outputs.

Really stuck right now have all the parts required but cannot connect it all together.

Would really appreciate it if anyone can provide me with some guidance! Thank you!

24pin connector at back of my head unit
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 17.47.30 (3)

24 pin connector plugs into the highlighted slot
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 17.47.30

Serial of the head unit.
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 17.47.29

Some other connector (doesn't seem to be stereo outputs)
Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring WhatsApp Image 2020-06-27 at 17.47.30 (1)

Thank you!

Regards,
Alec

Last edited:

elvisliu

First Name
Elv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Hello Alec,

I have a 2018 FK8 Type R GT UK version, which has an 11 speaker system just like yours. Unlike the 12-speaker US version it doesn't have a subwoofer in the truck.

I have an idea that we can add a subwoofer to the UK version even without amplifier upgrade. First, take a look to the amplifier diagram of the 2018 FK8 US version:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring FK8 amplifier diagram

Now take a look to the amplifier connector of the 11-speaker Type R GT UK version:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring FK8 amplifier connector

The UK amp connector and the US amp match perfectly, except that the UK version doesn't connect any wire to A2 and A4. I think you can just simply connect your amplifier to A2 and A4. It has nothing to do with your head unit and you don't need to buy an additional amplifier.

bievin25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R PMM
Country flag
Hi Alec!
I wanted to ask what mod did you do regarding the subwoofer because I also have a Type R EU version without the sub in the trunk :(
Did you just buy and swap the existing sub or anything?
Thanks

OP
OP
Alec1995x

Alec1995x

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Ah, Looks like we're having the same discussion over here!

How did you go about your wiring in the end, were those output pins live despite not being wired? Or did you run from the speaker wiring with a high pass filter?

OP
OP
Alec1995x

Alec1995x

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Ah, Looks like we're having the same discussion over here!

How did you go about your wiring in the end, were those output pins live despite not being wired? Or did you run from the speaker wiring with a high pass filter?
Hey,

I end up buying a line out converter here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Ho-2-Channel-Converter-Adjustable-Subwoofer/dp/B07GQQ5TFX

Simply spliced the Front left and front right speaker wires from the amplifier's output to connect to the converter and then RCA cables to the Sub. Hope that makes sense!

These wires aren't very long to work with especially under the dash... but it is possible to do it with some time!

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
I just want to chime in on that some powered sub-woofers have built-in LPF and can take high level speaker output so a line converter might not be needed.

bievin25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R PMM
Country flag
Hey Bievin,

I put this in the back of the trunk... https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/pion...tt-bass-reflex-box-with-active-subwoofer.html

I used some velcro tape to make sure it sticks to the trunk board. I'll take a picture for you tomorrow :)
Hey Bievin,

I put this in the back of the trunk... https://audiovisualworld.co.uk/pion...tt-bass-reflex-box-with-active-subwoofer.html

I used some velcro tape to make sure it sticks to the trunk board. I'll take a picture for you tomorrow :)
I would love to see how it turned out :)

By any chance, did you make a video or a step by step tutorial for yout "EU" installation?

OP
OP
Alec1995x

Alec1995x

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Oh it's been almost 18 months since I did this mod, it's still working amazingly.

To reap, since the UK model head unit doesn't have a built-in amp. The amp is actually located under the passenger glove box. All I have done is tap into the L and R speaker wires at the sub connectors and used this line out converter to output RCA which feeds my subwoofer.

Since then also upgraded my front door speakers with Alpine S-S65C 6.5"

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring connector18pin-

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring IMG_20210514_191851

Last edited:

Davelad03

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX
Morning Alex1995x,
I'm trying to fit a pioneer underseat subwoofer to my 2018 EX(. IM IN UK) . And I'm really struggling to find a wiring diagram that corresponds with my car.
The loom at the amplifier in passenger footwell is close but not exact.
Without looking totally daft in your post why have you wrote along side the plug and pins different wire colours.

Thanks for your help, or anyone else's 🤞

OP
OP
Alec1995x

Alec1995x

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Morning Alex1995x,
I'm trying to fit a pioneer underseat subwoofer to my 2018 EX(. IM IN UK) . And I'm really struggling to find a wiring diagram that corresponds with my car.
The loom at the amplifier in passenger footwell is close but not exact.
Without looking totally daft in your post why have you wrote along side the plug and pins different wire colours.

Thanks for your help, or anyone else's 🤞
For the wiring diagram, I don't believe I actually referenced the colour of the wires. I will look to take a picture of the connector when the weather clears up.

In the mean time, this is the connector on my amp before the mod:

Honda Civic 10th gen Type R 2019 FK8 Stereo Wiring 1652256961767
Sponsored

Last edited: