thieu90

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2017
Hi everyone,

I am the happy owner of a 2017 Honda Civic X Type R for a few weeks so I naturally joined this forum to become part of the community :)

For the moment, I have almost no defect in this car but I still noticed a small problem with the Brembo brakes!
Indeed they have a tendency to strongly whistle when I brake slowly and strangely it occurs especially once the pads begin to be hot. Generally when the vehicle is cold during the first minutes I have no whistles.
I have already tried to wash between the pads and discs telling me that there was perhaps a crap that slipped in but it didn't change anything.
I specify that my car has only 2000 km so the pads are still new!

Did anyone already have this problem?

Thank you !
Sponsored

rey2300

Rey23
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #01928
Country flag
I've seen many complaints about loud brakes on the Type R. Mine do the same thing at times. I believe some people contacted Honda and their response is basically, they are racing brakes, they are designed to run hot so they may squeak when they are cold.

Some people have replaced the pads with Ceramic pads to reduce the noise issues. It can get a little annoying but not a deal breaker for me. I'll just wait until I need new pads and put some less noisy pads on.

OP
OP

thieu90

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R 2017
Thanks for your answer rey2300.
Unfortunately that's what I thought so as you said I will wait the day when the pads will be worn to put some less noisy pads on.
In fact it's more annoying rather than a real problem
Sponsored